300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Police Departments

Last edited by Kraguul; 01-23-2016, 08:48 PM.

No. It's true. Southern cops usually operate at a fifth grade level, rape city folk, rob tourists, fly confederate flags, say "boy" a lot, and lie, cheat, and steal after pappy gives them their job...

They are just like cops from NY, taking bribes, selling dope, covering up murders...

Really???
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Last edited by Kraguul; 01-23-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerndtler View Post
        Not talking about corruption or stereotypes lol..
        Sure.. You're just talking about
        "professional courtesies".
        . I gotcha...

Look, if you really buy that, then best to stay up north with your buddies. I honestly have no clue what you're even talking about, and I kinda wonder if you do either.

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I have a funny question to ask everyone. Not sure if its just rumors/BS. I'm from North(New York/New Jersey area) and I want to move down south and look for a police department down there. After telling some friends/family who are police officers, they keep telling me to stay away from Southern departments(FL) because there a lot of "blue falcons" down there. To stay in the North where its not like that and more "professional courtesies". I just wanted to know if this is realistic or truthful at all because I'm really looking for a place where its tight knit and there is a lot of comradery. I'm guessing it's just BS but i wanted to hear from actual LEO's from the southern departments.
          Not talking about corruption or stereotypes lol..

Preserving for later-------------------

Originally posted by allen_gamble View Post
          . I honestly have no clue what you're even talking about, and I kinda wonder if you do either.

He doesn't either
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Cops are cops just different jurisdictions and laws. Just don't bring you gun hating friends down with you if you move.
            Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

I'm retired from a southern agency, and I'm really not sure what you're talking about. Maybe you'd be better off just staying wherever you are.

Comment

I think the OP is referring to the "Brother In Blue" culture that is still prevalent in the Northeast. My experience in the South says that this culture also exists down here. But up North, the horror stories of cops getting traffic cites, mostly speeders, get the press. This leads to the OP's query. In the Northeast, almost every LEO goes through his/her department's academy with the people the Officer will work with during his career. The instructors touch on how to treat fellow LEOs from their own and other agencies. They instill this strong feeling of brotherhood. This is why NYPD has a great reputation for treating out of town Officers like family.

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I have a funny question to ask everyone. Not sure if its just rumors/BS. I'm from North(New York/New Jersey area) and I want to move down south and look for a police department down there. After telling some friends/family who are police officers, they keep telling me to stay away from Southern departments(FL) because there a lot of "blue falcons" down there. To stay in the North where its not like that and more "professional courtesies". I just wanted to know if this is realistic or truthful at all because I'm really looking for a place where its tight knit and there is a lot of comradery. I'm guessing it's just BS but i wanted to hear from actual LEO's from the southern departments.
                  If you're on the job, you should know by now what agencies are good or not. I've met some Southern LEOs that were both good & some that left a bit to be desired. And having grown up in NYC I could say the same thing about there or my own agency, Phoenix. If you're that interested in changing depts. I wouldn't as concerned about comraderie as I would be about professionalism. Find a good, professional agency & the comraderie falls into place---usually.
                  What I think you may be hearing about isn't necessisarily "bad cops" but bad vetting of applicants. Agencies with small budgets, like rural PDs, simply can't afford the kind of vetting you may be used to so the caliber of LEOs may be lacking. If you're looking for "professional courtesy" to be a criteria for your next job then I do suggest you stay East of the Mississippi and North of the Mason-Dixon line as you'll be disappointed anywhere else.

Comment

I'm from a small town PD (45 officers), and we have, I feel, better vetting than some big city agencies.
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                      I think the OP is referring to the "Brother In Blue" culture that is still prevalent in the Northeast. My experience in the South says that this culture also exists down here. But up North, the horror stories of cops getting traffic cites, mostly speeders, get the press. This leads to the OP's query. In the Northeast, almost every LEO goes through his/her department's academy with the people the Officer will work with during his career. The instructors touch on how to treat fellow LEOs from their own and other agencies. They instill this strong feeling of brotherhood. This is why NYPD has a great reputation for treating out of town Officers like family.
                      I've never worked or lived northeast. I've watched movies like Departed, but I always assumed that was just movie stuff. If professional courtesy includes things like giving a cop a ride home when he should be taking a ride to jail for DWI or stuff like that, then yes.. I guess it's different in the South. Cops committing criminal offenses isn't tolerated. But otherwise I think the sense of community is just as strong. I live in a fairly large city where I run into badges from many different local, state, and fed departments on and off-duty. There's always a strong sense of trust and community. On more than one occasion I've taken work off a LEO who stumbled onto something outside of their normal job duties, and if you ask me that's way more professional courtesy than giving someone a break on a speeding ticket or something.

Comment

Last edited by Kraguul; 01-23-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

The ride home for a DWI USED to be the norm, but no longer. DWIs just got out of hand and the badge is not a get out of jail card now.

Comment

Last edited by Kraguul; 01-23-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
                              I'm from a small town PD (45 officers), and we have, I feel, better vetting than some big city agencies.
                              Same here... In my 29 years on the same department, we had only two (loose cannons/bad apples) slip through. The one we had to terminate was from up nawth, by the way...SMH.
                              Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                              In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                              Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                              Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8507 users online. 383 members and 8124 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X