300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Carry Poll

A fair % LEOs I know do not carry off duty. I know some PD require carry off duty. I don't know what % of PD nation wide require it.

It would be an interesting poll to find out what % of off duty LEOs carry, and what % of PDs required them to carry off duty.

I get the impression a high % of O.com members carry off duty, but I'm sure you know a bunch that don't. What % of your PD would you guess carry off duty, assuming not a PD that requires it.

If you don't carry off duty, why? Are you more likely to carry off duty with recent events and general increased awareness of possible terrorist attacks on soft targets?

Thanx!
    Always carry off duty
    84.52%
    Required to carry off duty
    3.57%
    Rarely if ever carry off duty
    5.95%
    Rarely, but recent events have changed that
    5.95%
    Last edited by WillBrink; 11-20-2015, 01:03 PM.
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

I keep my piece in the center console. Don't like carrying the large Glock off-duty, and am having issues qualifying with my Glock 36.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Off Duty Carry Poll

I carry off-duty unless I'm drinking. Glock 43 with one spare mag.

As far as my coworkers go, based on the number who qualify with off-duty guns, maybe 50%. I keep pushing everyone to carry, but some just will not listen. For them a gun is something they are ordered to carry. They are the same ones who don't always play the what-if game, don't spend any of their own time and/or money to improve their survival odds (range/defensive tactics/training) and don't think they're likely to be in a get-it-right-or-die confrontation today.
      Last edited by ateamer; 11-20-2015, 02:19 PM.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Its like American Express

Comment

I always carry and not just because my agency requires me to. Arm yourselves, my fellow warriors! We need FAR FAR more "knockout gamers" to groups of anti-Judeo/Christian/West terrorists shot and killed with hollow points, high-powered rifle bullets, buckshot and slugs.

We don't have to carry in church, while PTing and consuming alcohol. Even though our officers are required to, very few carry off duty.

Also, we are required to have handcuffs also but I don't think anyone does that.

Comment

I've noticed lately that most of the officers I know that don't carry off duty are the same officers who just like playing police or are the worthless humps.
            Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Always carry off duty....minimum of a 9mm Shield and one spare mag....

Also, if we are carrying our dept ID, we are mandated to also be armed.....that came about after Shayne York was IDed as a cop and murdered during a robbery

http://www.odmp.org/officer/14952-de...ne-daniel-york
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Should this be discussed in a public forum?
                Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
                Among Texas' finest
                Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
                Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
                Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

I've posted before that I always carry off duty. I mostly carry my G 26, somtimes I carry a G17 or G36. I carry a spare G17 mag (except when I carry the G36). In addition, I carry a mini Streamlight and a Leatherman Wingman as well as a Coldsteel Mini-Reacon. I carry cuffs about 50 percent of the time.

I'm a big guy (6' 240lbs) so none of the crap I carry bothers me. Other than my pistol, I use most of my toys daily.

Please brothers and sisters carry a pistol, spare mag and light source. You never know when the time will come to fight evil. I know it sounds dramatic but we live in sh*ty times with threats all around us.

Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by chapwolfe View Post
                    Should this be discussed in a public forum?
                    Nothing Op-Sec here. The public knows LE carry off duty.

Comment

It's WHAT I carry that's OPSEC...

Comment

I tried hiding what I'm packing but my jeans were too tight

Comment

I'm a Lead Farmer...!

Comment

When I was on the job, I always carried off duty. Now that I'm retired I always carry, never leave home without it. I just qualified with my department and 100% of the officers qualified with their department issued off duty S&W's. How many carry off duty, can't say for sure but a guess would be 100% also. We are a small department and off duty carry is required, many times our off duty officers act as back up for on duty officers when required.
                            Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                            In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                            Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                            Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

If you're not carrying 100% of the time, you're a sheep.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2283 users online. 138 members and 2145 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X