Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleuth
    replied
    Tanksoldier, I don't know where you got you information about Federal Officers, but it is wrong. I could, and did, enforce Federal Laws assigned to other agencies. I would not investigate them, but if I saw someone robbing a bank (FBI area), I certainly would arrest the outlaws. Then I would turn the matter over to the FBI.
    In the same vein, if you found someone smuggling merchandise, I would expect you to arrest/detain them for me.

I have arrested people for possession of a machinegun (ATF), possession of counterfeit & attempted assault of the wife of a sitting President (separate events) (Secret Service), Federal fugitives (U.S. Marshals and/or FBI), Theft of the mail (Postal Inspection Service) and others. Would you expect us to just let them go?

I have 'detained' for the local police murder suspects, robbers, rapists, fugitives of all sorts, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Lady Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Like if they tried jacking your BBQ or ice cream...
    Exactly, but only if it is Blue Bell

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Like if they tried jacking your BBQ or ice cream...

Leave a comment:

• Lady Blue
    replied
    Unless it is something serious, and I mean potentially life and death serious, I am a witness. The job is dangerous enough when you are on duty; there is no need to add to it for something that is not serious.

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    you never heard the saying police are on duty 24/7........are you serious?
    In Colorado, even for state and local officers, not all peace officers can exercise peace officer authority 24/7. I, as a certified sheriff's deputy, can. One of my colleagues, who does the same job but who is NOT certified, cannot.

Municipal court marshals MUST all be POST certified, same as I am, but they cannot exercise police powers off duty.

When it comes to federal agents and officers, as I said above, they typically have a mandate to enforce a very narrow section of the USC. If the crime doesn't fit their mandate they can't enforce it even if it's a FEDERAL law that's being broken.

My state code
    As you may surmised from ^^this^^ post and others each state is different. Colorado only grants peace officer authority to a limited selection of federal officers. The USSS only was granted it recently, over much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    PS OP,

How old are you?

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    I'm not kicking sh-- in especially next door on my day off. Unless someone is being murdered, raped in front of me, I am the greatest witness you ever want. Then again, I may not even do that. I never drive with my Uniform on.. That's why we have lockers. I don't want any shi-head knowing my car.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Last off duty I got involved in resulted in an IA. I don't stop for ANYTHING. I will call and drive on.

Leave a comment:

• Ca_deputy
    replied
    I change out at the locker room. When I walk out, I'm off and that's it. If there is a life threatening situation, I'll handle it appropriately given the circumstances surrounding cover, bystanders, tools/resources at my disposal. Other than that, I've been a witness to many things off duty and I've taken a witness role for safety reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    Originally posted by ateamer View Post
    No one I work with, around or know of wears their uniform to and from work. That's why we have a locker room.
    Very common here, and most departments have take home cars. The locker room in the office I work in is now a file storage area.

Leave a comment:

• sp23
    replied
    Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
    of duty but in uniform--------you on your way home and stop at a gas station.

you never heard the saying police are on duty 24/7........are you serious?
    You keep saying 'of duty'...you mean OFF duty...OFF has 2 f's in it! If you're going to ask questions, please spell simple 3 letter words correctly. Once is a mistake, but every time is just annoying.

Sent from my 4G LG G3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Like in... **** off OP?

Leave a comment:

• AppState
    replied
    Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, OP, "off" has two f's in it.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by ateamer View Post
    No one I work with, around or know of wears their uniform to and from work. That's why we have a locker room.
    That is a "standard" in your area, but not in many areas of the country.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    I've heard the saying, but only from people who have never been LEOs.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3808 users online. 254 members and 3554 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X