300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Statute 320.0898

Being in EMS for 8 years, I have a front end license plate for my car issued by the State of Florida. Other then identifying me as EMS, what other purpose does the plate have? If as an officer, you see this front plate, or stop someone with one, does it have an affect or meaning to you?

320.0898 Emergency service special registration plates; fee; penalty.—
    (1) The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shall issue a special motor vehicle license plate for the front of any motor vehicle of any:
    (a) Certified emergency medical technician.
    (b) Certified paramedic.
    (c) Firefighter.
    (d) Law enforcement officer.
    (e) Emergency management personnel, as defined in chapter 252.
    The designation on such special motor vehicle license plate shall indicate that the motor vehicle is owned by such a public safety officer.
    (5) Any person who violates the provisions of this act by willfully or fraudulently obtaining a special motor vehicle license plate pursuant to this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Are you now starting a second thread concerning your situation? Your call I guess, and really no harm done but: I think my colleagues did a pretty fair job of assisting you in your initial thread. Your definitive answer is going to have to come from a source other than this board.

We can come close, we could even be correct, but...................The court should be much closer to the definitive answer you're seeking. I mention that, as you've indicated your desire to contest the citation you were issued. No one here is going to criticize you, or bad rap you for exercising a very basic right.

Comment

Originally posted by eric_zelaya View Post
      If as an officer, you see this front plate, or stop someone with one, does it have an affect or meaning to you?

No. It is purely an informational tag, much like a Natural Resources, Veteran, or Ham Radio plate
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I thought the situation sounded familiar; this may help. The tag is for information purposes only and shouldn't have any bearing.
        http://forums.officer.com/t201029/#post3704570

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

This time he is just asking if his EMS plates give him some extra power instead of if he should be using his flashing red/white lights on an accident scene
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

This is a separate thread for a reason. This question has nothing to do with the former (which has also been handled thanks to friends that are attorneys). I have had the plate for 8 years and have always wondered about what purpose it really served other then to say "hey, I save lives". Thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
              Are you now starting a second thread concerning your situation? Your call I guess, and really no harm done but: I think my colleagues did a pretty fair job of assisting you in your initial thread. Your definitive answer is going to have to come from a source other than this board.

We can come close, we could even be correct, but...................The court should be much closer to the definitive answer you're seeking. I mention that, as you've indicated your desire to contest the citation you were issued. No one here is going to criticize you, or bad rap you for exercising a very basic right.
              I was not going to reply to any of your comments on either thread, but now I will. Seeing as you have over 18,000 comments or posts on this forum, you seem to get around. I understand your comments to my post, however, I am not on here seeking legal advice. Thats what an attorney is for, and a law enforcement officer is the last person I would want an interpretation of the law from. In my opinion, taking a 4 week legal course doesn't qualify one to interpret laws, only enforce them ( and yes, I took legal in the corrections academy, and i heeded my own advice). I was simply inquiring what an officer would do under similar circumstances that I presented. I dont care if the officer was right or wrong. If I am wrong, I am man enough to own up and fix it. If i end up being right, then so be it. And in regards to this posting, It was curiosity. I cannot find anything online about this plate, and was curious of its purpose other then identification.

Comment

Epic FAIL! We deal with more law and interpretations of such than most attorneys.

You are full of bs. Now you have attorney friends coming out if the walls.

You are nothing more than a thrill seeker who wants to show off with lights and plates.

Go get your shine box.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I was not going to reply to any of your comments on either thread, but now I will. Seeing as you have over 18,000 comments or posts on this forum, you seem to get around. I understand your comments to my post, however, I am not on here seeking legal advice. Thats what an attorney is for, and a law enforcement officer is the last person I would want an interpretation of the law from. In my opinion, taking a 4 week legal course doesn't qualify one to interpret laws, only enforce them ( and yes, I took legal in the corrections academy, and i heeded my own advice). I was simply inquiring what an officer would do under similar circumstances that I presented. I dont care if the officer was right or wrong. If I am wrong, I am man enough to own up and fix it. If i end up being right, then so be it. And in regards to this posting, It was curiosity. I cannot find anything online about this plate, and was curious of its purpose other then identification.
                  You really are some special kind of stupid aren't you.

Cops interpret laws every day. That's what we do for a living.

Lawyers really don't know crap about traffic law unless they practice that particular end of law. And VERY few do it well.

Nearly EVERY state has specialty plates----basically they advertise something...that is all they are for. Pure marking the car as the owner being interested in some activity that the state decided to show off. With a petition many states will put a sticker on a plate for just about anything as long as they can collect $25

NOW----------------you dont' get to come into OUR HOUSE (o.com) and tell us how we can answer questioned posed. If you don't like the answers you get you can leave the same way you came. The door swings both ways. BUT you will get the answers we decide to give not those demanded by you or preferred by you.

Now do you understand how things work here?

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

You are nothing more than a thrill seeker who wants to show off with lights and plates.

Go get your shine box.
                  We call them whackers

Comment

So, where's the argument? Please attempt to understand that we get many posts which essentially question the actions of the officer/agency, or seek legal advice. If you've read my reply to your original post, then you know, or should know where I stand on the issue. If you assert that this wasn't your intent, I'm more than willing to accept you at your word. The way you phrased your query is what generated my reply.

Once more, no one on these forums is implying, hinting or saying for one moment that you should not contest the citation. Go for it by
                    all means. This is merely a thought, and possibly you've already done this, but you might have a conversation with your auto insurance carrier regarding your stopping at an accident scene under the circumstances you describe.

Understand, I'm not, nor have I questioned your good intentions with regard to your actions. That said, you're no doubt familiar with the old adage which says "No good deed goes unpunished.

Hope this has cleared the air a little. And, reference your second thread, just my HO, but the front tag is pretty much informational.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                      You really are some special kind of stupid aren't you.

Cops interpret laws every day. That's what we do for a living.

Lawyers really don't know crap about traffic law unless they practice that particular end of law. And VERY few do it well.

Nearly EVERY state has specialty plates----basically they advertise something...that is all they are for. Pure marking the car as the owner being interested in some activity that the state decided to show off. With a petition many states will put a sticker on a plate for just about anything as long as they can collect $25

NOW----------------you dont' get to come into OUR HOUSE (o.com) and tell us how we can answer questioned posed. If you don't like the answers you get you can leave the same way you came. The door swings both ways. BUT you will get the answers we decide to give not those demanded by you or preferred by you.

Now do you understand how things work here?

We call them whackers
                      "Law Enforcement" does not equal "Law Interpreter". Years of reading the law on a cheat sheet does not qual years of law school. Please don't inflate your own job description. Even the county describes the job as "ENFORCEMENT of statutes and laws". I have spent 8 years in EMS (paid). Have worked my way up the ladder to my current position. Have never had a run in with law enforcement or a ticket until 2 days ago. Please don't flatter me. I am the farthest thing from a whacker.Why is it that any time someone who isn't law enforcement enages in public safety, they become a whacker? Trolls

Comment

Hey ****stick! Don't come to MY house and tell me my job! I know MORE law than 90% of the practicing lawyers out there.
                        We don't care about your EMS career, (I've been an EMT for over 30 years, paramedic for 20), so you aren't special.

Go to the fire/EMS forums and tell your tale of woe.

Go **** off.

Comment

"law enforcement" does not equal "law interpreter". Years of reading the law on a cheat sheet does not qual years of law school. Please don't inflate your own job description. Even the county describes the job as "enforcement of statutes and laws". I have spent 8 years in ems (paid). Have worked my way up the ladder to my current position. Have never had a run in with law enforcement or a ticket until 2 days ago. Please don't flatter me. I am the farthest thing from a whacker.why is it that any time someone who isn't law enforcement enages in public safety, they become a whacker? Trolls
                          epic fail:

Comment

"Law Enforcement" does not equal "Law Interpreter". Years of reading the law on a cheat sheet does not qual years of law school. Please don't inflate your own job description. Even the county describes the job as "ENFORCEMENT of statutes and laws". I have spent 8 years in EMS (paid). Have worked my way up the ladder to my current position. Have never had a run in with law enforcement or a ticket until 2 days ago. Please don't flatter me. I am the farthest thing from a whacker.Why is it that any time someone who isn't law enforcement enages in public safety, they become a whacker? Trolls
                            Flatter you?......................you are just plain stupid

People who run "emergency lights" against their intended purposes are Whackers. End of story

Junior.................................Don't inflate YOUR job description. You don't know mine..........or what I do. I, however know EXACTLY what you do. I was a licensed PARMEDIC and also spent 30 yrs in Corrections .

Check and Mate

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              Hey ****stick! Don't come to MY house and tell me my job! I know MORE law than 90% of the practicing lawyers out there.
                              We don't care about your EMS career, (I've been an EMT for over 30 years, paramedic for 20), so you aren't special.

Go to the fire/EMS forums and tell your tale of woe.

Go **** off.
                              Congratulations. I am very happy for your accomplishments. In my opinion, you are nothing more then a big headed idiot that feels the need to call me names because thats how you handle confrontation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5623 users online. 397 members and 5226 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X