X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911 peeps

Sullynator'z on I commaNd'z!

There, there, that's better I hope..

Please don't plug us, I'm begg'in ya'll..!!!! I promise we don't even have a b.u.g...

Besides, we did our last stretch in the O.COM jail for robbing the April payroll stage.

I really don't think this has been asked before, and it boring, so all you fellow scumbag civvies can hit the road toads..

Anyway, here's my Question.

RE: 911 op's..

Excluding the BB's, generally, are these peeps P.O.S.T or tools?

The Admiral and Trig.
    Last edited by asullivan; 07-21-2015, 07:52 AM. Reason: secret stuff, what else????
    Originally posted by mookster
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Originally posted by CityCopDC
    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

In Iowa ----911 operators are not officers...........however they must be certified by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy as 911 Telecommunicators.
    It is a one week intensive course taken after 4-6 weeks of local on the job training and followed by more FTO at the job site
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Texas is similar. Our 911 people are not sworn officers, but TCOLE has a similar licensing structure for them.
      In God We Trust
      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Same in NYC. They are Police Communications Technicians. No LEO powers whatsoever.
        “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          In Iowa ----911 operators are not officers...........however they must be certified by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy as 911 Telecommunicators.
          It is a one week intensive course taken after 4-6 weeks of local on the job training and followed by more FTO at the job site

Very good Sire Officer #1603, thank you very much for your response.

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
          Texas is similar. Our 911 people are not sworn officers, but TCOLE has a similar licensing structure for them.

Thank you Ma'am Officer L.B. from tha' great Lone Star state.

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
          Same in NYC. They are Police Communications Technicians. No LEO powers whatsoever.

Fine business Sire Officer NYCDep.

Well, it Looks like I received a decent geographical curve from the above responses.

A shame this will bump my inquiry to tha' top, but this particular section has a propensity to bury em' deep and quick!

Trig,

Lets ride boy!
          Last edited by asullivan; 07-22-2015, 02:44 PM. Reason: Stuff
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

I know of a couple places where call takers and dispatchers are cops...............There is at least one agency in the Kansas City area that does this.............but it really is rare
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

I am going to add that officers would benefit from working some time in dispatch. It is a whole different perspective, and gives a new respect for the voice at the other end of the radio. Ditto for the dispatchers. They should do some ride alongs with PD, fire, and EMS.
              In God We Trust
              Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

I am going to add that officers would benefit from working some time in dispatch. It is a whole different perspective, and gives a new respect for the voice at the other end of the radio. Ditto for the dispatchers. They should do some ride alongs with PD, fire, and EMS.
                Yepper

Unfortunately that is not a common thought.

Comment

Is this a hint about Sully's new job?
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

When I was in Texas, this retired NYPD guy got hired as a dispatcher. The number three became "tree" and youse replaced the typical "y'all." Lots of "10-9's?" when tis ole cawp was dispatching (floor and flaw were homonyms). My point? Sully, if you speak like you write, you'll still be just fine.
                    They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Well Gee whizz... I held an Advanced class amateur radio operators licences for over 15 years and let it lapse due to being out of county and galaxy. I could have passed my extra class, but at that time you must have held a general or higher class licence for one earthy year, before taking the extra class exam.

The hardest part for most peeps was breaking through the 20 WPM CW cipher group / plain text, numbers and punctuation stuffy. ( I was averaging about 70 WPM Tx at the time, and >60WPM on RCV.

I hold a general class radio operators licence (Previously called a 1st class radiotelephone licence) with radar endorsement. Good for land, maritime, all commercial, fixed land, and PSRS emissions and repair.

BTW Officer Ma'am LB from da' land of bluebonnets, my middle name tiz' "ride along Sully"..

I'll forgo my ed-u-ma-cation and field experience to spare ya'll from hot, green, stinky gas...

Yepper

Unfortunately that is not a common thought.

Ya' what Officer 1603 did done declare!

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                      Is this a hint about Sully's new job?

Nutt'in slides past Sire L-1, I said nutt'in!!!!

Butt'z da' ans. tiz NO!

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                      When I was in Texas, this retired NYPD guy got hired as a dispatcher. The number three became "tree" and youse replaced the typical "y'all." Lots of "10-9's?" when tis ole cawp was dispatching (floor and flaw were homonyms).

Well'z i heard of Hommy-grit'z befer!

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                      My point? Sully, if you speak like you write, you'll still be just fine.

Here ya' Go Fed. Officer Au Badge..a song O' Tajas, da' wander'in star state...Dat's me...ya' can spy Trigga' if ya' spy close nuff..

SNAP!!!!

Awww pork a porkypine, Sire Fed Au badge...ya' just hanker'in fer' a bowl of crawdaddy'z gumbo'z!!!

-Frank

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
                        Well Gee whizz... I held an Advanced class amateur radio operators licences for over 15 years and let it lapse due to being out of county and galaxy. I could have passed my extra class, but at that time you must have held a general or higher class licence for one earthy year, before taking the extra class exam.

The hardest part for most peeps was breaking through the 20 WPM CW cipher group / plain text, numbers and punctuation stuffy. ( I was averaging about 70 WPM Tx at the time, and >60WPM on RCV.

I hold a general class radio operators licence (Previously called a 1st class radiotelephone licence) with radar endorsement. Good for land, maritime, all commercial, fixed land, and PSRS emissions and repair.

Unfortunately the only thing you need to know (about radios) is how to push the PTT button in the 911 game :S

Comment

Unfortunately the only thing you need to know (about radios) is how to push the PTT button in the 911 game :S
                          Sire Officer #1603...

Ya' a funny guy, butt's right..

With dat',,,this thready tiz' officially dead'yz...

Trigga,,,, !!

Adjust coordinates ta' cosmic cat house , lift tail, and engagez' ya' blow hole I demand!

Yes Sire Admiral!
                          -Frank

Comment

That one almost gave me seizures.
                            Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                            In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                            Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                            Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7029 users online. 236 members and 6793 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X