300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEOs driving modified POVs?

Not sure where this goes, so mods can change it if necessary.

I am hopefully going to be attending the California Highway Patrol academy this march and have a burning question in my mind... Are there any LEOs that drive modified personal vehicles? Like visually or internally modified? (i.e. wheels, lowered, motor work) I have built/modified cars my whole life and have been wondering. I figure if I keep it within vehicle code, that I should be good. And if you do, do you get hassled by your Sgt. or Capt.?

Feel free to post pics of your car as well if you want. Thanks!
    Last edited by chpdg; 01-28-2015, 08:36 PM.

Don't be "That Guy."
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

If its within code its within code,why expect to get hassled for a legal vehicle ? now if you show up in a pink Mary K caddy expect to get it.

(We had a guy pull up one day in his moms pink car because his truck was broke down, hr had a long week for that )

Comment

If you are thinking of a lowered Honda with a useless wing and a fart can muffler, go out and get a few testosterone injections. Only dweebs drive them.

If you are talking real street rods or 4x4s, yes, a number of my coworkers do drive modded vehicles. Especially Wranglers, Ford trucks and Harleys.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I worked with a guy who drove a model mustang... they made him park in the back of the lot because his exhaust set off a few sensitive car alarms when he started it.
          Last edited by wickedta; 01-28-2015, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedta View Post
            I worked with a guy who drove a model mustang... they made him park in the back of the lot because his exhaust set off a few sensitive car alarms when he started it.
            You are in the Ask A Cop section of this forum. You are NOT a cop so do not answer questions in this section.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Classic, street rods, slightly modified imports I don't think you'll have a problem. The imports the Japanese like to modify with the extreme wings, anime' style stuff---yeah, you'll have a problem. You're POS streetracer car too I'd be careful of. I have a '68 Hemi Dart & I'd never drive it to the station (couldn't afford the gas, anyway !) , but a friend has a nice sbc '70 Nova that's his commuter car, no problem. See the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop View Post
                Classic, street rods, slightly modified imports I don't think you'll have a problem. The imports the Japanese like to modify with the extreme wings, anime' style stuff---yeah, you'll have a problem. You're POS streetracer car too I'd be careful of. I have a '68 Hemi Dart & I'd never drive it to the station (couldn't afford the gas, anyway !) , but a friend has a nice sbc '70 Nova that's his commuter car, no problem. See the difference?
                Yeah definitely. I see no point in modifying hondas or the like, I am more looking towards M3s, Vettes, higher end Audis... I am definitely going to wait till after I get out of the academy and am out of the break in period before I do anything though. I don't think it would be smart to arrive at the academy in a cammed Z06...

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

AND DO NOT be the guy who has a crown vic with spotlight as your POV.
                  Thats just fu**ed up.
                  SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                  SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

My Harley makes a little more noise than stock....I just don't pour on the gas in a residential area and **** off the neighbors.....

Comment

If you are going to the CHP acadmey your vehicle to and from the academy and work shall be pretty much as is from show room. If not you will be called to carpet and ask why yoir vehicle does not comply to the CVC. If you roll by a CHP lot it will be haes to find a vehicle with tint
                      I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Keep your vehicle STOCK in the Academy...they will rag the **** out of you! You'll be answering vehicle code questions at front leaning rest for hours. Whatever you drive afterwards is on you.
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                        that we are all that stands between
                        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
                          Keep your vehicle STOCK in the Academy...they will rag the **** out of you! You'll be answering vehicle code questions at front leaning rest for hours. Whatever you drive afterwards is on you.
                          Yeah that is what I am going to do, I don't want to bring any extra attention to my self than I have to. Thanks everyone for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by chpdg View Post
                            Are there any LEOs that drive modified personal vehicles? Like visually or internally modified?
                            I equipped my POV with my Department issued phone charger, I'll post pics next week.

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                              AND DO NOT be the guy who has a crown vic with spotlight as your POV.
                              Thats just fu**ed up.
                              *Puts up new craigslist add*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5242 users online. 290 members and 4952 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X