300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you have done?

So i was in my office which is shared by a few others. I went in to my locker and smelled marijuana. I traced the source to an open bag belonging to a coworker that contained some marijuana...

I'm trying to wear a shield again so i felt i needed to preserve some integrity and i anonymously informed my boss.

it wasn't much weed and the guy is young with a young child. Would you have looked the other way or would you have informed your superior?

We work in a business that involves children.

I would have walked away

Snitches get stitches and you are not a cop..........................walk away
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

When I was a field surveyor, I was in the process for my current agency. I was working with a crew of 2 others. While doing some GPS and elevation readings in a less than desireable area, I was ready to be picked up.... it was 90+ out and my crew didn't answer the radio,I was left on the side of the road for 2 hours... I started walking and made it to the truck, when I got inside the truck they were both stoned...and the truck reeked of weed...

I notified my supervisor and requested a change of crew... a week later, both of them were fired for our zero tolerance policy. I didn't intend for them to get fired, but I do not feel about reporting it...I do feel bad they lost their jobs.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

If I can't bring sweet, delicious beer to work, you shouldn't be bringing the stinky stuff.

Comment

Snitch or not... what you do at home or at other places of business is up to you. I may not be a cop right now but I was once and we didn't look the other way. Especially when your job is the responsibility of the safety of 700+ children.

I feel bad for whatever the consequences may be but as they say... play stupid games win stupid prizes. Why bring it to work?

Comment

I've tossed so much weed in parking lots and had the owner dance on it I've lost count. It's not worth my time to run in to the property room and arrest you for something you're going to get 40 hours of community service for and continue doing regardless.

Unless someone were at risk, I'd have minded my own business. If someone was at risk of getting hurt, I'd have said something to the person involved first, if it repeated I'd go to the boss. I'm assuming no one is running a bulldozer in your office or the like, so what's the potential for harm?
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Now as far as future interviews is this something I should leave out if asked a related question or scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by wickedta View Post
                Now as far as future interviews is this something I should leave out if asked a related question or scenario?
                Yes, by all means, if you want to get hired in LE please omit, change, alter, and lie about anything they ask.

WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                  Yes, by all means, if you want to get hired in LE please omit, change, alter, and lie about anything they ask.

WTF.
                  it was a rhetorical question since it seems the majority sees what I did as wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedta View Post
                    Snitch or not... what you do at home or at other places of business is up to you. I may not be a cop right now but I was once and we didn't look the other way. Especially when your job is the responsibility of the safety of 700+ children.

I feel bad for whatever the consequences may be but as they say... play stupid games win stupid prizes. Why bring it to work?
                    Don't try to school me on what to do when you are NOT a cop as opposed to when you ARE ONE.

You asked what I would do in this scenario, I don't need you to preach about ethics because as a private citizen you have absolutely NO duty to do anything in that situation

Most sworn officers will tell you that when they are off duty -------------it means OFF DUTY unless a serious life threatening situation is at hand or maybe a serious felony is being committed in their presences

Like I said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I would have walked away from a small amount of marijuana as a citizen.

If you want to go tell the boss--------------so be it , but don't come here asking for our advice then denigrate the answers you are given
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'm not preaching about anything... you essentially called me a snitch as if what I did was the wrong thing to do. And yes, I am in a position to handle such matters because I work security for a private school, occupied by children as young as 6 years old, and with parents who are highly influential and extremely wealthy.

And yes, I did ask what YOU would do... Not if what I did was wrong, or incorrect, or irrational, or whatever... just you're input, not your judgement... and I sincerely apologize if my assumption was incorrect... but the comment "snitches get stitches" seemed like a judgement.

So again, if I was wrong... then please let me extend my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        I would have walked away

Snitches get stitches and you are not a cop..........................walk away
                        Yea I'd go with this.

Comment

For me it depends on if this person was dealing with the children actually or mopping the floors.Would i want someone stoned teaching or around my kids or grand kids. No

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
                            For me it depends on if this person was dealing with the children actually or mopping the floors.Would i want someone stoned teaching or around my kids or grand kids. No
                            Well that's exactly how I had to look at this. Yes we have maintenance people and I'm sure they do some sketchy stuff and i dont care but their jobs dont involve direct interaction with the children. Our jobs do though. That's where I drew the line...

Comment

Why did you leave LE to be a security guard?
                              Just suggest to the principal that a drug dog sweep one day might be good for morale...
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4244 users online. 197 members and 4047 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X