300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned About Roommate's Friend

Okay, so a roommate of mine has a friend that's around 19/20 that's a relatively quiet guy. He has a history of familial problems and narcotics posetion arrests, and recently decided to have a drawn out conversation with me while my roommate was out. He asked me if I had any "aspirations", and after I told him my career goals, I asked him what his were. He went into this sob story about his parents kicking him out for not doing anything with his life, and being rejected from the armed forces for his previous narcotics arrests. Said all his problems were his parent's fault, or society's. He started going into conspiracy theories about "FEMA camps", and government enforced slavery of immigrants, and how he was going to dedicate his life to the "revolution". He also said if that meant killing people, then so be it. This guy sounds like a nutjob, and a potentially dangerous one at that. Is there anything I can do?
    Last edited by Codz95; 01-16-2015, 08:18 PM.
    Atlanta & Los Angeles

Stay away.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Do nothing

that is just normal nut job talk

He has no plan or does he have the will to carry out anything anyway
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It was a little jarring that he shared his little "manifesto" so candidly.
        Atlanta & Los Angeles

Comment

so a roommate of mine has a friend. He has a history of familial problems and narcotics posetion arrests
          He's crazy, sure. But why do you know so much about a friend of a roommate? Wait... are you stalking him and monitoring his brain waves so you can capture them on your iPad, and then use them to help the US Postal Service finish their mind control device? Follow-up question: Do you work for The Weather Channel who is secretly conditioning us to accept our Crab People overlords?

Comment

Go to any random gun forum that's not heavily moderated and you'll find plenty of folks singing from that same sheet of music. Most are just playing. It's more fun to revolt against an imaginary dictatorship and dystopian FEMA led future than it is to buckle down and deal with your own real and imminent problems. He's just deflecting and trying to have some control over his life.

If he starts taking action or making credible and specific threats, then is the time to bring it to authority's attention. Right now he's just another Walter Mitty loser pretending to be a freedom fighter.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

When people have mental health issues or have been burned-out on drugs, they tend to say and do bizarre things. If you missed the red-flag, we're pointing it out to you.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Alright, thanks for all the responses.
                Atlanta & Los Angeles

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Stay away.
                  Best advice you can get. This post reminds me of a Dane Cook stand up bit about a creepy guy at his job.
                  Last edited by tj05 ; 01-17-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6448 users online. 342 members and 6106 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X