Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What field can I get into

Hello all and thanks for reading.

Ok I'm 40 years old and facing a dilemma. When I was 17-20 surrounded myself with the wrong crowd. I wound up selling drugs and got two drug felonies and a assault(bar fight) on 2 separate occasions. That is not who I am. I was raised by a very loving and caring father(still to this to this day) who is actually a restied NYPD cop. He provided for us and took good care of us. Believe it or not he instilled good morals and values in us. My mom wound up leaving us at an early age.

Since the age of 23 I've been working an good office job at the same company and have made a good career for myself. I've been a volunteer for NY cares for many years. Believe it or not I'm truly a good person who would never do an illegal thing again. I try to do the right thing all the time. I really regret the decisions I made 20 years ago as I really wanted to be a cop or be In law enforcement. I truly want to make a career out of helping people out. I know there are others ways to do this but not sure at this age there is a career I could go in that would not require years of college. I would imagine any law enforcement position is out of the question correct? Anything similar I would have a shot at? Thanks

Yep. Plan B.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Felonies = no gun = no LE position.

Stick to your office job and volunteer work. With no college and felonies I think you're not going to find anything remotely related to LE.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

You can't be a cop.Period.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Corrections would be out also
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Figured so... Oh well what will be will be! Ty

Comment

Rare. Someone who does not want to tell he is right and we are wrong.

Although you will never work in LE, there is still a lot of good that you can do. You seem to be on the path to doing that already, and I can respect that.
              In God We Trust
              Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Auto DQ. Congratulations on being one of the few who actually does turn their life around.

Comment

Yeah, that IS refreshing. Someone who actually has the maturity to accept the truth, absent all the crying, pizzing, blame transferal, and snot slinging soooo many people do when told the truth. Mr. OP, I sincerely hope things work out for you. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    Yeah, that IS refreshing. Someone who actually has the maturity to accept the truth, absent all the crying, pizzing, blame transferal, and snot slinging soooo many people do when told the truth. Mr. OP, I sincerely hope things work out for you. Good luck.
                    Thanks. How can someone not accept the truth and blame when they are 100% in the wrong. To be honest I had not real excuse unlike many of these kids who grow up in poor neighborhoods with no father and a ****ty mother. They grown up with terrible role models and learn all the wrong values and morals. Now they have at least a little excuse. That vicious cycle needs to stop. There needs to be an intervention in these kids lives so they don't grow up committing crimes, dropping out of school, having babies at 16 amd so on. If it a large enough movement/intervention ....I'm talking celebrities, Politicians getting involved having it promoted and publizied then maybe in 5,10,15 years you'll see a different trend. I would really love to be a part of something like that. Just my .02 cents

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5485 users online. 316 members and 5169 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X