300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car bombs, brain transplants and other strange things: help with a novel

I'm looking for an officer or two to advise me on general police procedures in some rather odd and specific situations--for a novel I'm working on. LAPD is preferred, but as the story is set in 2036, really any state/jurisdiction should be ok. If you could send me a private message, that would be great! Thanks so much!

I see you just registered and came on here to ask a question about a novel. First of all thanks for being up front with your request----as many don't bother to state that until later in the process.

Now the bad news. It is an INFORMAL policy of the normal posters on this forum that we do not help"
    1. Students with homework
    2. Aspiring novelist, screenwriters,
    3. Others that are planning on using the information derived by our experiences in a "for profit" project.

This informal policy is just that INFORMAL and you might get someone answering your questions. Some might even offer you assistance on a fee based system where you pay for the information that the member has accumulated over his/her career.

This doesn't mean you are a bad person-----------------we (as a group) generally don't like to participate in those discussions
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I am in total agreement with my colleague's comments. I charge a nominal consulting fee. For $500.00 per hour, with a four hour minimum, I'll share my thoughts , perspectives, and experience with you.

Comment

I consult for $150/hr. You get a real live major felony detective who's well versed in police procedure and case law. As a bonus, I did demolitions in the Army, so I can also advise on car bombs. $600 retainer.

If you just want to go cheap, there are books for authors such as this:

http://www.amazon.com/Police-Procedu.../dp/1582974551
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

$50/hr and you get the incoherent ramblings of a relatively new guy who works in the armpit of North Carolina.

Comment

Damn, you guys are underselling me again.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
              You were in a State Patrol you should be used to [email protected]#$ your buddy
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Oh dang! Sorry about that. I thought I read in some Sticky that it was ok to ask writing advice, but it must have been in another forum, or in my vast imagination. Anyway, thanks for your detailed reply, and your offers.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgrkg View Post
                  Oh dang! Sorry about that. I thought I read in some Sticky that it was ok to ask writing advice, but it must have been in another forum, or in my vast imagination. Anyway, thanks for your detailed reply, and your offers.
                  Oh it might be "legal" according to the rules.

But the posters, those of us who actually answer the questions INFORMALLY don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    I'm only 30% as awesome as you, so my rates must reflect that.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I answer most questions for the small fee of a back massage and a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                        How about a bottle of sake and my undying devotion?

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                          You always were a cheep date and a whore............................

Comment

I was LAPD for 30 years, when the site allows me to send you a PM, I will. For some reason, just can't at the moment. Perhaps because you just joined.
                            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

you can also buy some police procedurals from Amazon
                              Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3011 users online. 143 members and 2868 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X