Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a Cop/Background Investigator

Brothers and Sisters,

Finally submitting an application with Miami Police for a position that opened. When you guys met me in 2006, I was a teenager eager to become a cop and was going to do anything to make that happen. Now, I've developed into a mature adult and I'm currently a Software Engineer.

My only concern with this application I'm submitting is... I actually don't remember 80% of the jobs I held from 15-18. They were all seasonal part time stuff at food chains. My current application only holds real careers that can be verified as all my managers are still present there.

How should I approach this? I refuse to omit information so I'm at a dead end. The position closes 01/16/16

Be safe, and thank you for continuing to be a community of hope, direction and information.
    -W
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Welcome back

Just do the best you can-------------and explain (you can always add a sheet of explanations to the application )

Most agencies aren't going to worry too much about juvenile jobs when you were in high school

Good Luck
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• wpb123
      wpb123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unable to see post...
      Last edited by wpb123; 08-18-2017, 07:52 AM.

Most places go back 10 years or so. Be as thorough as you possibly can, be sure your timeline is complete. Any gaps in employment should be explained and may help jog your memory of what you were doing or where you were working at the time.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Go to your local social security office and ask for a lifetime earning abstract. They may charge a fee to pull it, but it will list all the places you worked at and the months/years as well as addresses and contact information. It's normally printed off on the spot.

NYPD guys are required to get one during the process; cost about $126 here but your fee may be less. In my opinion, it's worth it.

Good luck in the process.

Comment

We ask for all jobs had. I couldn't give you details of the job I had at 16. Explain it what you're missing, give all details you can and move on.

Comment

You guys do realize this thread is from January 2015, right?

Comment

He's been waiting awhile for some god damned responses.

It's never too late to increaae your post count. At least that's what the Bible says.

Comment

Originally posted by BP3 View Post
              Go to your local social security office and ask for a lifetime earning abstract. They may charge a fee to pull it, but it will list all the places you worked at and the months/years as well as addresses and contact information. It's normally printed off on the spot.

NYPD guys are required to get one during the process; cost about $126 here but your fee may be less. In my opinion, it's worth it.

Good luck in the process.
              This ^^^.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3161 users online. 158 members and 3003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X