300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracting

Although I'm a felon I possess unique skills that can be useful in profiling and monitoring both criminals and potential terrorist alike I have a friend who is an Oregon State Trooper and he has known me for many years during my rehabilitation. He has given me some direction and guidance concerning my wishes to work beside law enforcement and most of it is positive feed back.....My question is this how long will it take to get acceptance from a law enforcement program? I speak English, Farsi, Spanish and some Arabic what would it take to catch the attention of an Agency for either recruitment or contract work?

Not gonna happen as an employee. You can't pass the BG.
    What unique skills?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by imaspy View Post
      Although I'm a felon I possess unique skills that can be useful in profiling and monitoring both criminals and potential terrorist alike I have a friend who is an Oregon State Trooper and he has known me for many years during my rehabilitation. He has given me some direction and guidance concerning my wishes to work beside law enforcement and most of it is positive feed back.....My question is this how long will it take to get acceptance from a law enforcement program? I speak English, Farsi, Spanish and some Arabic what would it take to catch the attention of an Agency for either recruitment or contract work?
      Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Not gonna happen as an employee. You can't pass the BG.
      What unique skills?
      Having a felony background will preclude you from working in law enforcement.

Most agencies will not consider you for contract work due to your background. Even contract workers have access to sensitive information and the agency just couldn't have a felon around that information.

I doubt most agencies would even allow you to be a janitor due to the above reasons
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

At the risk of sounding unkind, look once more at what my colleagues have offered you. It's the truth, it's operative, and it won't change anytime soon.

Comment

Even civilian corporations that contract with the federal or state and local governments couldn't employ you in a sensitive position.

If you really speak those languages you MIGHT have a shot in the military, their security clearance system takes different factors into account than law enforcement, but you'd have to get the felony expunged or pardoned first.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

What do you mean by getting accepted by a law enforcement program? You are unemployable in police work.

Comment

No one has "unique" skills. You aren't Batman. Whatever you think your "unique skills" are, there are plenty of people doing it and they don't have felonies. Everyone who does monitoring and criminal intelligence at my department is sworn, with a few exceptions for retirees in grant funded slots for cold case stuff.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MMA and language. Guess it's unique...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

You will never work IN or WITH law enforcement.
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I think I saw this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                      Having a felony background will preclude you from working in law enforcement.

Most agencies will not consider you for contract work due to your background. Even contract workers have access to sensitive information and the agency just couldn't have a felon around that information.

I doubt most agencies would even allow you to be a janitor due to the above reasons
                      Throw in the choice of screen names with everything else
                      In God We Trust
                      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                        Throw in the choice of screen names with everything else

How about "Double naught". That's what Jethro Bodine was. Even had a "Spy Office" at the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPig1 View Post
                          I think I saw this movie.
                          Aren't they coming out with another one?
                          Originally posted by RSGSRT
                          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by imaspy View Post
                            I possess unique skills ...
                            Good luck!
                            “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                              Good luck!
                              Right, so did Al Capone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4424 users online. 271 members and 4153 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X