300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degree Question.

I am currently in school for a Bachelors of Social Work. I am leaning towards counseling in the law enforcement or correctional field. I'd like to get some experience as an LEO after I finish and pursue a further degree. My question is, will a social work degree be accepted at police depts that require college.

Originally posted by JMR View Post
    I am currently in school for a Bachelors of Social Work. I am leaning towards counseling in the law enforcement or correctional field. I'd like to get some experience as an LEO after I finish and pursue a further degree. My question is, will a social work degree be accepted at police depts that require college.

In most agencies ANY...............repeat ANY degree is acceptable
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Thank you sir .

Comment

You would be hard pressed to find a department that cares what your degree is in.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
          You would be hard pressed to find a department that cares what your degree is in.
          You will find a few here and there that require a CJ AA degree................like the state of Minnesota requires a AA degree in CJ/Law enforcement to be certified , if I am not mistaken
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

I have a BSW. Believe it or nor that educational training came in very handy. Part of my internship included juvenile counseling and answering a suicide hotline. I think it was a great degree for the job, just don't tell any of your co-workers

Comment

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
              I have a BSW. Believe it or nor that educational training came in very handy. Part of my internship included juvenile counseling and answering a suicide hotline. I think it was a great degree for the job, just don't tell any of your co-workers
              I always thought your answers sounded like a social worker

Comment

Originally posted by JMR View Post
                This part doesn't make sense? Do you mean work as a cop for a couple of years and then move on?

Comment

I have a co worker that has a degree in theater. Yep, THEATER! But it's a B.A. so he's good.
                  Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
                    I have a co worker that has a degree in theater. Yep, THEATER! But it's a B.A. so he's good.
                    One of the best cops I have ever worked with ----------------one who was not only and elected Sheriff but also an Presidential Appointed US MARSHAL---------------had a degree in Mortuary Sciences.

He kept his funeral director's license active his entire career and when he retired from the Marshal's he worked for the local funeral home part time

Comment

My Platoon Commander in the Marines had a degree in Geology. Digging a fighting position was always an educational experience.

Comment

You will find a few here and there that require a CJ AA degree................like the state of Minnesota requires a AA degree in CJ/Law enforcement to be certified , if I am not mistaken
                        In Minnesota it is required to have at least an Associate's in any field to become a police officer. However, if the degree is not in LE or CJ, then you are required to take some additional LE Certification courses (SKILLS) through a MN POST certified school and pass the MN POST exam to become licensed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3976 users online. 175 members and 3801 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X