Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph Test

Hello everyone.

My question is pertaining to the polygraph test. I took my test on Dec. 20, 2014 at the Georgia Public Safety Facility in Atlanta, GA. I had to fill out an application booklet pertaining to the polygraph test. Once I completed the booklet, I was introduced to the polygraph examiner ( Capitol Police B.I.). I followed him to the polygraph testing room and he and I went over everything in my polygraph packet, explained to me about the test, also ask me questions about my life, and the procedures of the polygraph equipment... I had to answer 10 yes and no questions on a sheet and those questions where repeated to me 3 times in each section. ( first time 1-10, second time 1-10, and third time 1-10)....Once the test was over, the printer started to print out the diagram of my tests...Once completed, the examiner left the room for almost an hour and told me I MAY have to take it again. Once he returned, he took off the polygraph equipment and told me that all areas of the test I passed EXCEPT the question about me knowing anyone who does ILLEGAL DRUGS, ASSOCIATING WITH ANYONE THAT DOES SELLS ETC....I repeatly told him that I do not do drugs, smoke, associate with anyone who does drugs etc...I mean he constantly was trying to get me to say something that I knew wasn't even true. So once he saw that I didn't have anything to tell him, he just shook my hand and showed me out the door and said that HR will be contacting me. I mean I answered the questions really good in a timely matter; no twitching in my chair, no sweat, not anything to show I was lying. can someone tell me what is going on? Did I really didnt pass because one of the diagram was high?

Originally posted by Veteran39 View Post
    Hello everyone.

. can someone tell me what is going on?
    Yep

Your contact at the Georgia Dept of Public Safety can. No one else knows
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If I failed,why did the examiner kept stressing me about something that I don't do or people I don't associate with who do illegal drugs?

Comment

If I failed,why did the examiner kept stressing me about something that I don't do or people I don't associate with who do illegal drugs?

Your contact at the Georgia Dept of Public Safety can tell you. No one else knows
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Your contact at the Georgia Dept of Public Safety can tell you. No one else knows
          I know it's frustrating, but the above is true.

Stay safe.

Comment

Did I really didnt pass because one of the diagram was high?
            lol

Comment

That's funny to you Citycop21?

Comment

IF it is true, my law enforcement career will still continue... I'm not going to let one agency stop my motivation of servicing the people as I did when I was in the military....All I can do is wait until HR contacts me for further information.

Comment

The polygraph is just as good as a coin flip when it comes to background investigations. It's slightly better at specific incident questioning, but the general "did you ever do something bad" questions its seriously about 50/50. Who you're really trying to convince is the human running it. Trained humans are better lie detectors than machines.

That said, no one here knows. Yes, you could be screwed based on absolutely nothing but some beeps and squiggles. Some departments really believe in the poly. Maybe you aren't. We have no way to know.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CityCop21 View Post
                    lol
                    That's funny to you Citycop21?
                    I thought it was a little. Grammar lacking a bit and the only thing I could think of was similar to, "Did I really didn't done pass?"

No big deal but getting into your feeling because someone thought the way you typed was a bit funny? Hope you have thicker skin than that if you want the job.

Comment

lol....maybe I was typing too fast.

Comment

CruiserClass...you mentioned a very good point...All I know is that he was trying to convince me to confest to something that wasn't true. Once he saw that I wouldn't break into his little trick, he had nothing else to say besides, " I know you didn't come this far in your process to let it all end here, are you sure you don't have anything to tell me" HR would be in contact with me. I think he was also my B.I.

Comment

Well I guess you'll find out soon enough either way. Like has been said a few times, none of us know. This is something between you, the poly examiner, the background investigator and the agency. You may or may not ever know the reason for the questions. All we would be able to do is speculate but that would be like asking us why the traffic officer gave you a ticket instead of a warning.

Comment

CruiserClass...you mentioned a very good point...All I know is that he was trying to convince me to confest to something that wasn't true. Once he saw that I wouldn't break into his little trick, he had nothing else to say besides, " I know you didn't come this far in your process to let it all end here, are you sure you don't have anything to tell me" HR would be in contact with me. I think he was also my B.I.
                            Every investigator has their own way of doing things. Everything he said had a meaning. The problem is----------only he knows what his procedures are.

One thing a candidate has to understand is-----the polygraph examiner is NORMALLY a trained investigator, they ask questions, they probe, they try to get information from their subject.

Comment

I've learned that the mere act of trying to rethink the question over and over can often cause a reaction.

One test I took had me giving untruthful answer indicators to the question, "have you ever been fired from a job?"

I have never been "fired". I had been re-assigned from a job within the department I loved dearly. In my opinion, a vicious commanding officer transferred me out as I wasn't her personal "yes man". I went back to patrol and completed another five years. Emotionally, I react to that reassignment as being "fired".

I've known another guy who wanted to be a dope cop in the worst way. Absolutely ANTI-drug. He failed the "have you ever used narcotics question" Turns out that merely having the picture painted in his head by someone that he might have once used caused an emotional reaction which was picked up by the machine.

When they tell the subject to relax, the subject had better relax and not go into steam cooker mode before answering.
                              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6909 users online. 367 members and 6542 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X