Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you noticed an increase in one headlight out?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you noticed an increase in one headlight out?

Ok, this has been baffling me. Have you guys noticed an increase in the numbers of cars driving with a headlight out? Mine went out and I replaced it immediately, so it even happened to me. Have you noticed this or am I just now seeing what you guys see everyday.

Don't be afraid to tell me I'm losing it!

That was always my favorite PC stop.

LOTS of arrests on that violation
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'm fairly observant nothing earth shattering, but I'm seeing at least 6-10 every night on my way home from work, and I work about 30 minutes from home. It's insane. A friend of mine who works in the motor racing business said there's apparently a lawsuit out regarding failing headlights, but I've not seen much about it. Anyway ... I just can't get over the new cars as well as older models with 1 headlight out.

Comment

Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
        I'm fairly observant nothing earth shattering, but I'm seeing at least 6-10 every night on my way home from work, and I work about 30 minutes from home. It's insane. A friend of mine who works in the motor racing business said there's apparently a lawsuit out regarding failing headlights, but I've not seen much about it. Anyway ... I just can't get over the new cars as well as older models with 1 headlight out.
        I don't know where you live but the cold weather is a factor in light bulbs failing..................

Even in southern areas it gets colder at night and that does increase the failure rate.............

The cold should NOT effect the newer LED lights like they do the filament lights of old.

Still doesn't matter..................lights out are fantastic PC
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It is not something I would cite over, but like Iowa said it is a good opportunity to kick over something more interesting.
          In God We Trust
          Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Still doesn't matter..................lights out are fantastic PC
            I was thinking that the other day ... while at stoplight noticed car turning right, in front of me, mom bomb, with nifty GREEN lense covers over the headlights. But yeah, this one had greenish lights - with one light out. I couldn't help but think, I hope he's not traveling with anything he shouldn't, he's an easy stop. He's probably just a kid thought green lights were cool, or perhaps a meth head going to walmart for some more coffee filters.

Comment

Headlight out = warrant. Everytime.

Comment

The GMC running lights seem to run only one A LOT...it caught my eye.
                Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

You're just noticing it more because it happened to you so its on your mind. You see an infinite number of things a day, but you notice only a tiny percent. Much like if you decide you want to buy a Camaro, suddenly there's a butt ton of Camaros on the road. And your mullet sprouts, but that's another topic.

It's a well known phenomena to notice the familiar first when viewing a group of similar objects, but I can't think of the name right now. It's related to priming. If I show you a picture of fruit and then tell you to fill in the blank S O _ P, you're very likely to spell "Soup" because you've been primed with the idea of "food". If I show you a muddy child, you're much more likely to go with "Soap" instead. If you're not primed either way, its a toss up.

Since you recently had a headlight out, you're temporarily primed to notice it. It'll fade pretty quickly, though.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    Headlight out = warrant. Everytime.
                    ...often a DUI in my experience.
                    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                      ...often a DUI in my experience.
                      If you have one you're the other.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                        You're just noticing it more because it happened to you so its on your mind. You see an infinite number of things a day, but you notice only a tiny percent. Much like if you decide you want to buy a Camaro, suddenly there's a butt ton of Camaros on the road. And your mullet sprouts, but that's another topic.

It's a well known phenomena to notice the familiar first when viewing a group of similar objects, but I can't think of the name right now. It's related to priming. If I show you a picture of fruit and then tell you to fill in the blank S O _ P, you're very likely to spell "Soup" because you've been primed with the idea of "food". If I show you a muddy child, you're much more likely to go with "Soap" instead. If you're not primed either way, its a toss up.

Since you recently had a headlight out, you're temporarily primed to notice it. It'll fade pretty quickly, though.
                        Didn't have to be all fancy about it. 😋

Comment

Not me. If anything, there are fewer. I'm on nights right now and it along with other lighting violations are my regular PC to stop. Rarely have given a citation for it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                            Didn't have to be all fancy about it. ������
                            I miss you, Dave.
                            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Saw a city officer with one out tonight ....

He's hopefully not a DUI and surely not buying lotsa coffee filters ........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5587 users online. 329 members and 5258 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X