X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-man
    replied
    ok, Ill play nice. Where I am now, NO
    I've had a few people the past month or so actually call out to me, some from decent distances in the parking lot for instance "Officer, thank you. DONT believe everything you might hear or read about the public, we really like and need you guys. "
    That has happened a few times on the way into my local Starbucks, BTW
    WHere I used to work, heck, it was a daily or hourly occurrence. I think EVERYONE should be a suburban cop at some point. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    As stated above, however I have noticed those who Support us are quit, but now really make it a point to thank us, and show their support.
    So as bad as it's been, I feel those who are not savages, and are sh--bags but normal hard working people are more on our side than before.

I'm old and thicked skined, I have no problem letting their attitude dictate if I print one ticket or a scroll. Replicate and go lol
    I have the last laugh in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    replied
    Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
    How often do you as a police officer, in uniform, experience or deal with a disrespectful attitudes without provocation?
    Every day I work. But I also deal with people thankful we are there to walk the line every day.

When you stop and try to point out the bad that media ignores, Then you end up pointing fingers at each other. Both sides end up in a ******in match, and both sides get wet.

The truth is - there are good people, there are bad people, and their are neutral people. None of them like to get a speeding ticket or their weed confiscated. But they all call us when the SHTF. We had a guy fight a deputy one night - got tased like 2 or 3 times, was determined to kick that deputies back side. It took 3 deputies to restrain him. Big surprise - he was out on bail in 2 days. Neighbors pitt bull got loose and dude was terrified of dogs -- who did he call to come save his arse? Not the fire department. LOL. Funny thing was - it was just a puppy and wasn't even barking - he was wanting to play!

That is way you don't see a lot of blue stand up and speak out against this bullcrap. You are seeing more now than ever before I believe - but mostly its family and citizens in support of blue rather than the cops themselves. It's because we get that the anger and hatred for us -- for the most part -- is just peacocking; and tomorrow, or the next day, they will call on us for help. They will thank us quietly while no one is looking, then when they get around others - they will "FTP!FTP!" all over again.

Leave a comment:

• Michigan
    replied
    Maybe.

I don't think there's any conspiracy, just a country filled with immature, lazy individuals that don't take responsibility for their actions, enhanced by a 'media' who wants ratings and money over journalism.

Leave a comment:

• that's my hand
    replied
    Michigan, I can understand that totally. The problem is is the "group" whom I believe is responsible for this subversion of the "masses" is wanting everyone to put these types of walls up so everyone perceives each other as the enemy. It totally works in third world countries and it'll work here if we're not able to avoid it. I see it coming because of the reasons you put, people believe it because "someone" told them ... and polie officers are human too and you have to have a finite point where yo're just like, "I'm done" "Blue line only" I get it. I just feel like there are domestic forces at work within our country trying to subvert their asses off to bring this country to our knees and it's working. Look at the BS going on against the services, same crap practically. It's crazy! JMHO of course.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by Michigan View Post
    I actually find discussing police matters/tactics/etc is like discussing religion these days. People are already set in their ways, in their perceived knowledge and can't see past what they think they know is right because... Well that's what they believe or they know it's true because 'someone' told them it was.
    Amen!

If you don't think so........................just read the crap on this facebook posting in a local incident where officers were called to a theft in progress and ...................Gasp.................parked in a handicap spot while arresting the perp.

https://www.facebook.com/cedarrapids...type=1&theater

scroll down to find the CRPD car and see the 200 pluss stupid comments

https://www.facebook.com/kcrgtv9
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 12-28-2014, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Albert Wesker
    replied
    I'm a Border Patrol Agent, and I live in a very conservative state, in a very rural and conservative area. Still, I encounter extremely angry people frequently. Some hate the government, some hate law enforcement, and some hate anyone who enforces immigration laws.

On the other hand, I have met a ton of people who went out of their way to thank me for what I do. People who truly like and respect us. In my mind, the majority of people are like that, not like the negative people I encounter.

Leave a comment:

• Michigan
    replied
    I've read this twice and started a response twice.... Here goes a third attempt.

The problem is I can't sum up the stupidity of people, the ignorance of the masses, the "media" as a whole and what's real: the police side of it, ie: logical and common sense.

I actually find discussing police matters/tactics/etc is like discussing religion these days. People are already set in their ways, in their perceived knowledge and can't see past what they think they know is right because... Well that's what they believe or they know it's true because 'someone' told them it was.

It would take too long to type what needs to be said so I wont. Really, I'm so fed up with this anti police movement I really don't care to talk to anyone outside of the blue line anymore.

Leave a comment:

• that's my hand
    replied
    Thanks for your response. This adds another angle, the Hollywood and "Entertainment" business. Reality TV, and the whole fantasy versus reality. How much of what we as civilians learn about police if through, news, TV or Hollywood - honestly it's like if you don't have a doc in the family and have never been around one, all you think of docs is probably through TV or movies or worse Dr. Oz.

I wonder how much of the breakdown in our society is through learned myths and fears. If you don't break the law except for minor traffic infractions you don't really know what a police officer is like in real life ... just normal people. I've been blessed with working with dogs and have a little more experience due to that but I'm trying to figure out the algorithm to this madness being carried out every day. It's absolutely maddening. It's like someone or some group is purposely going after the police because the police aren't following blindly.

I've read where many Sheriffs and Chiefs across the country have stood up for 2nd amendment rights. But, I've also seen a huge effort by a couple prominent mayors and this administration wants to ban or infringe on those rights. IMO, this administration has already shown it gets what it wants "or else". In the prominent cases played out on TV in the last 12 months there's allegedly been DOJ officials somehow involved in some of these so-called demonstrations or "protests," and if you look at some of the signs in the crowd, it doesn't look ike the work of a guy off the street with a professional banner printer in his garage.

There's definitely something not right about this stuff, but it goes to a whole new level when almost every police action shooting where a black youth is involved automatically gets the DOJ involved. Makes no sense. It just smells funny. Anyway ... thanks.
    Last edited by that's my hand; 12-28-2014, 08:56 AM. Reason: I put national case instead of local or police action ...

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    Proportionately, you're getting more responses than most threads in Ask A Cop. Remember this subforum is for anyone to read but only sworn LEOs to respond, so its normal to get even 100 views per reply.

I'm plain clothes, so I can't really say if its worse or not. I will say people tend to be less mouthy with detectives as a whole. I think Hollywood has painted us as being able to tangle you up when you're talking and incriminating yourself, plus the business attire vs uniform, adds up to people approaching us very differently. It was one of the biggest surprises when I went inside.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    "F**k the police. No really, we're great in bed."

Leave a comment:

• that's my hand
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Views don't mean anything. Some of us find the content question so stupid that we don't bother replying...
    I understand that ... I guess when you don't see it or live it you don't have any idea what an officer goes through.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Views don't mean anything. Some of us find the content question so stupid that we don't bother replying...

Leave a comment:

• that's my hand
    replied
    Originally posted by careerchange#2 View Post
    every day. from getting flipped off while driving around to random shouts of "**** da police" or "pig" to the current hands up don't shoot, to which I simply reply pants up, don't loot.
    See, that's what I thought. As you can tell by the number of views to replies it makes sense most LE's don't even want to discuss it. It is so a part of the business it's ridiculous to even ask the question. This is the part I cannot understand. When I went through a training class at a police department in Tennessee, the one thing I learned that stuck with me is violent crimes perpetrated by 13-18 year olds. I've watched a lot of violent attacks perpetrated by that age group on youtube videos of violence erupting sporadically at Wisconsin and Iowa state fairs. In the more popular attacks on TV of late both crimes were committed by 13-18 year olds but NO PARENTS will stand up and accept any level of responsibility. Your kid just pulled a gun on a police officer and you cannot accept the outcome because your kid got the shortest straw. I watched a police officer's EOW procession and I cried like a baby. I hadn't cried like that in public for anyone but family, until that day. It was like it went through my entire body. He saved a woman's life and was shot from behind a door, and I believe the criminal died from his wounds. Such a beautiful person, but yet for some reason, the mass media seems to thrive on the few cops who make a mistake and get on the front page. It's happened again in the city and another awesome guy was laid to rest because of a monster. Whoever is in charge of the media's slant on this stuff is going to have to answer for their deeds one day. To purposely mislead people who watch and buy their papers is an attack on our way of life, IMO, they are complicit.

It helps to know the truth but so few people want to waste the time talking about it and for the most part I understand why. It's just not worth talking about because it's a waste of energy because it just wears on you and it's not changing, it's obviously getting worse.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Originally posted by tj05 View Post
    The last several months? A lot of people have always been a**holes to cops.

Yeah, we could name a few too.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2416 users online. 134 members and 2282 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X