300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you notice a trend?

I'm curious, with as much disrespect as can possibly be stomached over the last several months it makes me wonder: How often do you as a police officer, in uniform, experience or deal with a disrespectful attitudes without provocation?

Is this a serious question?

Because every single day. Some people are just *******s. Facing a badge or not.

Comment

"Is this a serious question?"

Yes, I understand, it may seem an odd question, but I have to ask. I've heard others mention on these forums the lack of trust in getting the truth on "news" it seems everything flowing from news these days is propaganda, and its impossible to know what to trust if you don't see it for yourself. It's the norm now to see everything used to exploit, or distort, whether its right or wrong the news doesn't seem to care, as long as it sells.

I already think I know the answer to the question, but when you hear it from someone WHO ACTUALLY wears the uniform then you know you're hearing it direct, unfiltered. As a civilian you think you know, but you don't really unless you double check your sources, and if you just take news for face value you're really screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
        "Is this a serious question?"

Yes, I understand, it may seem an odd question, but I have to ask. I've heard others mention on these forums the lack of trust in getting the truth on "news" it seems everything flowing from news these days is propaganda, and its impossible to know what to trust if you don't see it for yourself. It's the norm now to see everything used to exploit, or distort, whether its right or wrong the news doesn't seem to care, as long as it sells.

I already think I know the answer to the question, but when you hear it from someone WHO ACTUALLY wears the uniform then you know you're hearing it direct, unfiltered. As a civilian you think you know, but you don't really unless you double check your sources, and if you just take news for face value you're really screwed.

Here's your homework assignment for the weekend. Read, re-read, and then read once more what you posted above. You've answered your own question.

Comment

every day. from getting flipped off while driving around to random shouts of "**** da police" or "pig" to the current hands up don't shoot, to which I simply reply pants up, don't loot.

Comment

Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
            I'm curious, with as much disrespect as can possibly be stomached over the last several months it makes me wonder: How often do you as a police officer, in uniform, experience or deal with a disrespectful attitudes without provocation?
            The last several months? A lot of people have always been a**holes to cops.

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
              The last several months? A lot of people have always been a**holes to cops.

Yeah, we could name a few too.

Comment

Originally posted by careerchange#2 View Post
                every day. from getting flipped off while driving around to random shouts of "**** da police" or "pig" to the current hands up don't shoot, to which I simply reply pants up, don't loot.
                See, that's what I thought. As you can tell by the number of views to replies it makes sense most LE's don't even want to discuss it. It is so a part of the business it's ridiculous to even ask the question. This is the part I cannot understand. When I went through a training class at a police department in Tennessee, the one thing I learned that stuck with me is violent crimes perpetrated by 13-18 year olds. I've watched a lot of violent attacks perpetrated by that age group on youtube videos of violence erupting sporadically at Wisconsin and Iowa state fairs. In the more popular attacks on TV of late both crimes were committed by 13-18 year olds but NO PARENTS will stand up and accept any level of responsibility. Your kid just pulled a gun on a police officer and you cannot accept the outcome because your kid got the shortest straw. I watched a police officer's EOW procession and I cried like a baby. I hadn't cried like that in public for anyone but family, until that day. It was like it went through my entire body. He saved a woman's life and was shot from behind a door, and I believe the criminal died from his wounds. Such a beautiful person, but yet for some reason, the mass media seems to thrive on the few cops who make a mistake and get on the front page. It's happened again in the city and another awesome guy was laid to rest because of a monster. Whoever is in charge of the media's slant on this stuff is going to have to answer for their deeds one day. To purposely mislead people who watch and buy their papers is an attack on our way of life, IMO, they are complicit.

It helps to know the truth but so few people want to waste the time talking about it and for the most part I understand why. It's just not worth talking about because it's a waste of energy because it just wears on you and it's not changing, it's obviously getting worse.

Comment

Views don't mean anything. Some of us find the content question so stupid that we don't bother replying...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    Views don't mean anything. Some of us find the content question so stupid that we don't bother replying...
                    I understand that ... I guess when you don't see it or live it you don't have any idea what an officer goes through.

Comment

"F**k the police. No really, we're great in bed."
                      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Proportionately, you're getting more responses than most threads in Ask A Cop. Remember this subforum is for anyone to read but only sworn LEOs to respond, so its normal to get even 100 views per reply.

I'm plain clothes, so I can't really say if its worse or not. I will say people tend to be less mouthy with detectives as a whole. I think Hollywood has painted us as being able to tangle you up when you're talking and incriminating yourself, plus the business attire vs uniform, adds up to people approaching us very differently. It was one of the biggest surprises when I went inside.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Thanks for your response. This adds another angle, the Hollywood and "Entertainment" business. Reality TV, and the whole fantasy versus reality. How much of what we as civilians learn about police if through, news, TV or Hollywood - honestly it's like if you don't have a doc in the family and have never been around one, all you think of docs is probably through TV or movies or worse Dr. Oz.

I wonder how much of the breakdown in our society is through learned myths and fears. If you don't break the law except for minor traffic infractions you don't really know what a police officer is like in real life ... just normal people. I've been blessed with working with dogs and have a little more experience due to that but I'm trying to figure out the algorithm to this madness being carried out every day. It's absolutely maddening. It's like someone or some group is purposely going after the police because the police aren't following blindly.

I've read where many Sheriffs and Chiefs across the country have stood up for 2nd amendment rights. But, I've also seen a huge effort by a couple prominent mayors and this administration wants to ban or infringe on those rights. IMO, this administration has already shown it gets what it wants "or else". In the prominent cases played out on TV in the last 12 months there's allegedly been DOJ officials somehow involved in some of these so-called demonstrations or "protests," and if you look at some of the signs in the crowd, it doesn't look ike the work of a guy off the street with a professional banner printer in his garage.

There's definitely something not right about this stuff, but it goes to a whole new level when almost every police action shooting where a black youth is involved automatically gets the DOJ involved. Makes no sense. It just smells funny. Anyway ... thanks.
                          Last edited by that's my hand; 12-28-2014, 08:56 AM. Reason: I put national case instead of local or police action ...

Comment

I've read this twice and started a response twice.... Here goes a third attempt.

The problem is I can't sum up the stupidity of people, the ignorance of the masses, the "media" as a whole and what's real: the police side of it, ie: logical and common sense.

I actually find discussing police matters/tactics/etc is like discussing religion these days. People are already set in their ways, in their perceived knowledge and can't see past what they think they know is right because... Well that's what they believe or they know it's true because 'someone' told them it was.

It would take too long to type what needs to be said so I wont. Really, I'm so fed up with this anti police movement I really don't care to talk to anyone outside of the blue line anymore.

Comment

I'm a Border Patrol Agent, and I live in a very conservative state, in a very rural and conservative area. Still, I encounter extremely angry people frequently. Some hate the government, some hate law enforcement, and some hate anyone who enforces immigration laws.

On the other hand, I have met a ton of people who went out of their way to thank me for what I do. People who truly like and respect us. In my mind, the majority of people are like that, not like the negative people I encounter.
                              Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4227 users online. 230 members and 3997 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X