300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about handcuffing

when someone is wearing a long sleeve shirt or jacket do you put the handcuffs over the sleeve of said jacket or long sleeve shirt or do you roll it up some to get the skin to handcuff contact.

also what technique do you use to handcuff or does it depend on the situation and why you are hooking them up and their behavior so far to that point.

Ive known some cops regardless of the reason will have the person put their hands on their head and then the officer will grab the first arm handcuff and then grab the second arm and handcuff, but ive also seen where they will tell the person to turn around and place their hands behind their back and handcuff from there

I guess like anything everyone has their own style

Originally posted by Timeforsomeaction View Post

There you go----------------------that statement answers your question
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

when someone is wearing a long sleeve shirt or jacket do you put the handcuffs over the sleeve of said jacket or long sleeve shirt or do you roll it up some to get the skin to handcuff contact.

also what technique do you use to handcuff or does it depend on the situation and why you are hooking them up and their behavior so far to that point.

Ive known some cops regardless of the reason will have the person put their hands on their head and then the officer will grab the first arm handcuff and then grab the second arm and handcuff, but ive also seen where they will tell the person to turn around and place their hands behind their back and handcuff from there

Although I cannot speak for all members of this forum, most will not answer questions regarding tactics/techniques. You may have valid reasons for asking, but this is a public forum and some may use the information to gain an advantage over LE.

Have a great day.
      Last edited by Country_Jim; 12-20-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

My technique is to get the handcuffs on. Literally that's all I do.

Comment

This may sound stupid and time consuming but I build the handcuffs around the suspect's wrists. I start with hot molten steel, pour it in a cast which I already placed around the wrists of the suspect and wait while it cools. After the steel has cooled I check for tightness, double lock and search 'em.

Comment

"Handcuffing" sounds so harsh and unfriendly. I prefer to refer to it as me kindly sizing the sweet individual for a set of shiny, well-built, Tiffany-quality* new bracelets.

* Actual application may or may not include the use of Tiffany-quality bracelets.

Comment

I've been taught different techniques over the years so I just use the one I like best. Also, if you need to get the cuffs on in a struggle, that is what you do-get them on.

I move the sleeve and put the cuffs on bare wrist skin. There are reasons for this.

Comment

I just toss the cuffs to the suspect and ask them to please put them on. If they say "No", I just walk away so as not to create a situation or rely on using force...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I always ask them nicely and say please.

Comment

I let them know that they stretch after a bit, don't worry.
                    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

My handcuffing technique usually starts with black leather boots....

Oh, I guess you mean on the job. Sorry, I don't discuss things like that on an open forum.
                      In God We Trust
                      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                        My handcuffing technique usually starts with black leather boots....

Oh, I guess you mean on the job. Sorry, I don't discuss things like that on an open forum.
                        So, lets discuss off duty
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Dibs!
                          Texas and boots and cuffs... WIN!
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Depends on situation, if i feel a threat it will be a felony take-down. But suprisingly enough the ole" turn around and put your hands behind your back " is effective enough. Unless they want to fight and get tased, in which i still win.
                            sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

I stand on a 10 metre high vantage point and ask the crook to hold their arms out straight in front of them. I then drop the handcuffs down so that they fall onto the crook's wrists and the force of momentum locks them closed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6507 users online. 360 members and 6147 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X