Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling shaved ice on Waikiki.

Comment

I retired in 1996 and I have a small little gardening service that I actually did before I retired...I enjoy working outside and most of my customers are my neighbors...It gives me plenty of exercise and a nice chunk of extra money every month...

My neighbors call me the gardener with a gun.
      Retired LASD

Comment

Funnily enough, like Z posted, I'd like to teach English as a secong language, work in a pizza place, do some volunteering, travel, and get more reading done, and a thousand other things. I've got plenty of things to do when I retire. People who don't have any interests or hobbies retire and die.
        Last edited by just joe; 12-18-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Post moved to "Off Duty" forum.
          Last edited by sanitizer; 12-20-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Will have about 6 rental props, that will let me kick back and fish, hike and hang out with family while collecting the retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
              Funnily enough, like Z posted, I'd like to teach English as a secong language, work in a pizza place, do some volunteering, travel, and get more reading done, and a thousand other things. I've got plenty of things to do when I retire. People who don't have any interests or hobbies retire and die.
              Why the ESL teaching? To me, that would suck.....why do you find it appealing?

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
              My neighbors call me the gardener with a gun.
              The marketing writes itself :P
              Last edited by indy_dibona; 12-20-2014, 12:02 PM.
              REINSTATE THE TRIG
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              Your logic defies logic
              Originally posted by Rudy8116
              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
              Originally posted by Michigan
              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
              Originally posted by TheTick
              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
              Originally posted by 02paul09
              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by indy_dibona View Post
                Capt. K is always welcome in my threads - gotta give a tip of my hat to a fellow aussie (I'm only 1/2, but IT STILL COUNTS)
                Nope, he is not welcome in your threads.............in Ask A Cop.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

[ deleted ]
                  Last edited by indy_dibona; 12-20-2014, 12:02 PM.
                  REINSTATE THE TRIG
                  Your logic defies logic
                  Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                  This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.

Comment

Aren't you 17 years old and looking to join the Explorers?

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      Aren't you 17 years old and looking to join the Explorers?
                      Yup

Why? Not too sure I will be able to join the Explorers though - time, and the amount I will be able dedicate, is an issue
                      Last edited by indy_dibona; 12-19-2014, 06:36 PM.
                      REINSTATE THE TRIG
                      Your logic defies logic

Comment

I can pull the pin in just over two years, and I will either double dip or put my degree (culinary arts) to use. Whatever I do, I plan to take the first month or so and de-stress by living as a hermit at the cabin my family owns in the Texas hill country.
                        In God We Trust
                        Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

I retired a year ago. My wife went back to work. I have had a few job offers in security but I don't want to confront people anymore. I had enough of fighting/arguing/telling people no. I get enough of that from my wife and kids. lol. I'll find something eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                            I had enough of fighting/arguing/telling people no. I get enough of that from my wife and kids. lol. I'll find something eventually.
                            Sounds like it is time to "de-stress by living as a hermit at the cabin my family owns in the Texas hill country" (thanks Lady Blue )
                            REINSTATE THE TRIG
                            Your logic defies logic

Comment

Forced into retirement 8 years ago. I immediately joined our Reserve Div. Other than that I work on/play with hot rods while waiting for the wife to retire. When she does, we'll hopefully be travelling, doing the retiree/motor home thing...... Oh, being retired I also have my Rights back!

Comment

I just switched to a new retirement plan so I have a good 20 years to decide that. Before I left my old agency we had an old crusty retire and he was almost in tears talking about not being a cop after 30 years. That spooked me a ton and got me to thinking if I would ever be happy doing anything else. I can say I probably wouldn't, but at the same time the soul can only take so much burden and 20-30 years is probably more than enough. I really don't care what I do once I hang it up. All I ask is a nice quiet life in the country with friends and family nearby, otherwise I'll be miserable.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5654 users online. 346 members and 5308 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X