300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what happens after?

What happens after you are done being a cop?

I know its something that never leaves you, but when you put in your 25 years, retire, get a pension check, and wake up the next day, what do you do? Go hang around the range and be a badass? Go into security? Go hang around Obama at the golf course?

For those that aren't retired yet, what do you plan on doing?
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

I will hopefully be able to tell you this time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ftttu View Post
      I will hopefully be able to tell you this time next year.
      Lol - good luck officer! Stay safe
      REINSTATE THE TRIG
      Your logic defies logic
      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.

Comment

Originally posted by indy_dibona View Post

I know its something that never leaves you, but when you put in your 25 years, retire, get a pension check, and wake up the next day, what do you do? Go hang around the range and be a badass? Go into security? Go hang around Obama at the golf course?

For those that aren't retired yet, what do you plan on doing?
        Statistically.... Die.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          Statistically.... Die.
          Well....den...ok....

REINSTATE THE TRIG
          Your logic defies logic

Comment

I hope to coach youth soccer, participate in centuries (cycling), gardening, learn new languages, possibly work part time in a low stress job
            (gym, bike shop, pizza place),teach English as a 2nd language and more things than I can list here.
            Last edited by Zeitgeist; 12-16-2014, 03:47 PM.
            Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

One thing I'll do is speak my mind without holding back. Once I'm no longer affilitated with an agency, I won't need to watch what I write, especially on Facebook, in case the words reflect poorly on my department or constitute conduct unbecoming.

I'll spend my retirement (coming in just over two years) flying as often as I can afford, learning and perfecting aerobatics, staying shape, motorcycling and probably get back into fishing.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Many (if not most) retired officers find another job.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'll probably work til I'm 60 (well past 25 years) and then do court bailiff or something.
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

In my agency you can max out retirement at 55 years of age with 30 years of service (the minimum age is 50, but you don't max out). I'm hoping after retirement I don't die within five years (statistics). Other than that, I want to visit the 48 continental states (I hate to fly).

Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                      I'm hoping after retirement I don't die within five years (statistics).
                      You have to stay active.

I retired at 55-------------that is too young to stop working, especially since 90% of police officers are type A personalities who need to keep active.

In my state Sheriff Deputies can retire at 50-----------I know of very few of them that don't find a job doing something
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Do what I do every night, Pinkie. Try to take over the world.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Retired four years ago, work part time for my town highway dept during the summer. Looking for a delivery job for winter, like auto parts or something like that. I will never take a job that involves wearing a uniform or that involves dealing with the local population in an authority position. Had enough of that.
                          Those steps give me some spending money and plenty of free time. I bought a used fishing boat and that will occupy my time off until I kick off at 57.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                            Do what I do every night, Pinkie. Try to take over the world.
                            I don't doubt it lol

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
                            I'll probably work til I'm 60 (well past 25 years) and then do court bailiff or something.
                            Bailiff sounds fun doe.....
                            REINSTATE THE TRIG
                            Your logic defies logic

Comment

Go hang around Obama at the golf course?
                              Is this after I "acted stupidly"? Beside he would still have USSS protection and the ego is strong with those ones.

The first day you wake up retired can be very unnerving. It can be a total party. It all depends.

You could say get a medical marijuana card and help your "stress". Or perhaps you could go work for the local multi trillion dollar fruit named computer company. Hopefully you didn't ticket too many of the upper echelon!

Or you could retire into shadows and blend in with everyone else.

Or you could go work for another agency that doesn't use your pension system and get vested twice.... If that option still exists.
                              semper destravit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6311 users online. 368 members and 5943 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X