Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. You want to be a police officer, but you are unwilling to make whole the people you hurt. You say making payments to them would hurt your family, but you shrug off the hurt you caused others.

You do not sound like the kind of person I would like to work with. You say you have changed, but your statements are completly self centered. You do not sound suited to a career where you must make sacrifices, including perhaps the ultimate sacrifice, for others.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Kcamsdog
      It is certainly a moral and ethical dilemma.
      Dilemma? There's no dilemma here. You did something wrong and you don't want to attempt to make it right, which is what ethics would have you do. You're more concerned with the statute of limitations and your own personal culpability than taking responsibility for your actions.

Sleuth's post was excellent. If you're concerned more with your own personal finances than with doing the right thing, go to law school and become a lawyer. You'd probably fit in well.

And you are sadly mistaken if you think that your family will be uneffected by a career in law enforcement. You will have to make sacrifices at their expense. What do you think is one of the reasons why the divorce rate for LEOs is so high?
      Last edited by Delta_V; 11-05-2003, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Patrick and Sleuth... I could not have said it better. This is a profession where you make sacrifices DAILY. As Patrick said... look at the divorce rate of LEO's. Damaging someone's property, to the extent of over $2500, is a bit more of an issue to me then lets say, writing a bad check to a merchant for $50, which you may have or not have paid off. This is a profession where you must be honest about what you do, and have done. If you get caught in a lie, at least at my PD, and I am sure any other... they will hang you out to dry. I am sure that if you made some type of arrangement with the person whos property it was, that it would not dramaticly effect your family. Unless we are talking about torching a $200,000 home or something. We all make mistakes a kids, but as adults, we need to live up to those mistakes.
        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Last edited by Kcamsdog; 11-07-2003, 05:27 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3618 users online. 221 members and 3397 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X