300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ftttu View Post
    A ride along in Orange County California while in the last few months of my USMC enlistment started the fire, especially since I had no idea before what I was going to do when I was getting out. It provided me the excitement to maintain my interest and fulfilled my call to duty. The side benefits were that I got to drive and drive fast and I also got to carry a gun.
    When I was a Marine I was ordered to be a MP. Something I never thought about growing up. It was very basic and all you have to do is be diligent. Then I realize I have a situational awareness about three times greater than most. I solve crime and catch criminals.

Comment

One day you wake up "touched" and you know that this is what you have to do. For some it comes as a child, for others it comes much later. For some it fills a life long need to help others. For the rest, it fills an empty place inside them that only service can fill, a place they never knew until they put on the uniform.

And when you put on the uniform you represent everything that matters and everything that is lacking... honor, integrity, loyalty, truth. And as a result you must wear it without tarnish, without wrinkle, with starch and polish.

At times your faith in purpose will be tested, doubt may cloud your mind and fill your heart. At these dark times you will find yourself again. You will save a life, you will help a child find his way home, or you will hug an old man upon the passing of his wife. You will be whole again.

And should the time come where I find myself lying in the street dying, I know that I have thousands of brothers who will all hold my hand even if they do not know my name.

Comment

I just enjoy catching people who do bad things. I feel like I'm contributing positively to Australia by doing this job.

The 9 weeks of leave and decent salary that still has 11 years of increasing increments (not counting promotion) is also very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by steelcityk9cop View Post
          One day you wake up "touched" and you know that this is what you have to do. For some it comes as a child, for others it comes much later. For some it fills a life long need to help others. For the rest, it fills an empty place inside them that only service can fill, a place they never knew until they put on the uniform.

And when you put on the uniform you represent everything that matters and everything that is lacking... honor, integrity, loyalty, truth. And as a result you must wear it without tarnish, without wrinkle, with starch and polish.

At times your faith in purpose will be tested, doubt may cloud your mind and fill your heart. At these dark times you will find yourself again. You will save a life, you will help a child find his way home, or you will hug an old man upon the passing of his wife. You will be whole again.

And should the time come where I find myself lying in the street dying, I know that I have thousands of brothers who will all hold my hand even if they do not know my name.

Beautifully stated.

Comment

Originally posted by LandTurtle View Post
            What makes you come to work everyday (besides supporting yourself/family?) Why did you want to become a LEO? Why protect and serve a society that is ungrateful to LEOs?

I've always wanted to be a police officer since I was a kid. I've been volunteering with my local PD as an Explorer since high school. I'm turning 21 next year and have had second thoughts every now and again about joining, but I respect the profession and it's men and women who serve.
            I never had the opportunity to serve in the military due to a medical issue, so law enforcement was the next best way I could serve my country.
            Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
              I never had the opportunity to serve in the military due to a medical issue, so law enforcement was the next best way I could serve my country.
              Same here.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I liked making people feel safe. Corny but true.
                I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Nothing Corny about that Bro. Sheepdoh my man, that's who we are & what we do.
                  MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by mulgrave600 View Post
                    i just enjoy catching people who do bad things. I feel like i'm contributing positively to australia by doing this job.

The 9 weeks of leave and decent salary that still has 11 years of increasing increments (not counting promotion) is also very nice.
                    9 weeks????? Holy crap!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2987 users online. 178 members and 2809 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X