X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steelcityk9cop
    replied
    Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
    I applied my sophomore year. I got hired the beginning of my senior year. I took the job, and never did finish my BS. I was getting the degree to help me get the job, I'm not turning down a job to get the degree. I could finish online anytime I want, but I don't see the benefit compared to what it costs.
    I have to agree with this... the degree is the stepping stone to the job. You can go back to school after you get hired. Too much can happen that would prevent you from getting the job. It's unlikely but what if the NYPD had a 5 year hiring freeze.. would be banging your head then.

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    I applied my sophomore year. I got hired the beginning of my senior year. I took the job, and never did finish my BS. I was getting the degree to help me get the job, I'm not turning down a job to get the degree. I could finish online anytime I want, but I don't see the benefit compared to what it costs.

Leave a comment:

• HotSoup
    replied
    Take the test for NYPD when it comes up...When I was testing I tested with them in the month of June, found out I passed and then didn't hear anything from them until the following March...by that time Phoenix had already hired me

Leave a comment:

• Amigo1342
    replied
    Take all the tests that you can now. As Iowa said, the NYPD process is very long, as are many other.

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    Agencies won't usually wait for you to finish college unless a college degree is required for employment.

However, most places you get college credit for the academy anyway and you can always plan to finish up the degree part time after you graduate the academy and get off FTO and probation.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    I believe the current wait between testing and hire at the NYPD is about 3 yrs

Leave a comment:

• Brianna D
    started a topic How should i start my career?

How should i start my career?

Im currently a sophomore im college (CJ major) i will finish off this semester in 5 days with 59 credits and next semester with 77.. I plan on graduating next may of 2016 but i was wondering if i should take the NYPD police test this june.. If i score high and they ask for me to join the academy would i have to drop out of college? Or would they let me finish school , graduate and then join the academy?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3914 users online. 223 members and 3691 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X