300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can any police officer who is nypd please send me a private message

I have a few questions in regards to my cousin wanted to be a officer and. I don't have answers I'm not on the job and I don't want to give him false hope thanks for your time

NYC law enforcement hopeful

I'm New York.

Comment

I'm Wisconsin

Comment

I am Alabama
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

My cousin and I want to both be officers. When he was 15 he was arrested for graffiti on a subway train and ran from the scene so he was also charged with resisting and fleeing. I asked him numerous times if this is his only run in with the law and he said yes. We were closer as kids but drifted apart as we got older. Im married with my own house and kids and a steady job he does contract work for tattoo companies. I don't think he will get in I keep his confidence up but in my heart I don't see it am I right or does he have a shot with nypd? Thanks for your time

Comment

Resisting arrest? I'd say DQ. Years ago we had a rookie who worked almost 2 yrs in the precinct and was fired at the end of probation. He had disclosed a juvenile arrest but somehow the fact that he resisted was not disclosed or picked up by the BI. Either way someone dropped the ball. Well someone eventually caught it and he was fired a few days before the end of probation. He was liked by most guys in the precinct but the general consensus was that if he resisted arrest he should not be a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
              I have a few questions in regards to my cousin wanted to be a officer and. I don't have answers I'm not on the job and I don't want to give him false hope thanks for your time

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
              Resisting arrest? I'd say DQ. Years ago we had a rookie who worked almost 2 yrs in the precinct and was fired at the end of probation. He had disclosed a juvenile arrest but somehow the fact that he resisted was not disclosed or picked up by the BI. Either way someone dropped the ball. Well someone eventually caught it and he was fired a few days before the end of probation. He was liked by most guys in the precinct but the general consensus was that if he resisted arrest he should not be a cop.
              By the way Junior 214.......................^^^^ --------------He is NYPD
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

That's what I thought I'll just tell him to let that dream go thanks guys I appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by D.Jones85
                  Why shoot your cousin down??If u told me to let my dream go that would give me more motivation. Doesn't make sense for YOU to make a decision on him applying for NYPD
                  "To ensure this forum stays on topic as much as possible, ONLY members classified as "sworn police officers" should 'reply' to topics in this thread. The original poster can be ANYONE, but those who reply should be the ORIGINAL POSTER and LAW ENFORCEMENT personnel ONLY.

If you want to discuss the topic, are NOT in LE, and are NOT the original poster, post it in an appropriate public forum, but the 'Ask a Cop' should no longer be used as a breeding ground for civilian vs. cop discussions.

Users are encouraged to report posts that are clearly not LE.

HOWEVER, is you are a civilian and have a NEW Question or need clarification of an answer, you can reply in the original post. But we will not permit the 'Ask A Cop' discussion to turn into a battleground between civilians and cops...or for that matter cops and cops, or all in between.

IF YOU POST HERE AND DO NOT QUALIFY AS THE ABOVE, YOU WILL BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY AND FOREVER. CANNOT STATE IT ANY CLEARER. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO WARNINGS. NO ANTI-LAW ENFORCEMENT RESPONSES OR POSTS.
                  Thanks
                  WebTeam"

You seem to have problems following rules. Your post has been reported.

Comment

OP, all is not lost. Look, this is Friday, the end of the work week, and we should all be positive in our thoughts. While law enforcement may not be an option for "your Cousin", there are other fields. The potential for ever increasing cash flow is also definitely in the cards. The field is................................ta da.....................politics.

Just look at some of what's up there now. A CMM (Certified Mental Midget) living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Living on the grounds of the Naval Observatory is another individual seriously lacking in intellectual firepower. This ding-bat is too dumb to make a living committing crime.

Oh, and lest we forget, the current tenant at 1600 is an admitted user, and reputed supplier of illegal substances. His AG is involved heavily in at least one criminal enterprise/cover up, and becoming increasingly identified in some very questionable activity on the part of the IRS.

I mention all of this in an effort to give you/your cousin as the term applies, increased hope. None of the talent I've referenced has ever been the subject of a Background Investigation. (Hint: They couldn't pass even the most cursory one). Yet they continue to amass dump trucks full of money, giving new meaning to the phrase "plus all you can steal".

So give politics some thought. Crap, the current Mayor of New York City is an acknowledged one time Communist, and probably still is. The current Mayor and Empress of Hillary's Village is another adherent to the Sol Alinsky School of Government. She's a lush, a liar, a criminal incompetent, a vicious, foul mouthed tool, and yep, she has a shot at living at the White House.

Go for it. Give politics a shot. What have ya got to lose??

Comment

That's what I thought I'll just tell him to let that dream go thanks guys I appreciate it

OK, your "cousin" wink wink lol

Tell your cousin if he wanted it that freaking bad, he could have came here and asked the question, and if he wanted it that bad, some random stranger from the internet saying, "your out" shouldn't be enough to quit. Just saying
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                        OK, your "cousin" wink wink lol

Tell your cousin if he wanted it that freaking bad, he could have came here and asked the question, and if he wanted it that bad, some random stranger from the internet saying, "your out" shouldn't be enough to quit. Just saying
                        Yea my cousin im clean my family mainly my father hated the fact he got caught up and I wanted to hang out with him when we were kids. I don't like graffiti I can't even draw. I don't need to lie about my past I have none if we knew each other I would give you my cousins name you can run it and see I'm not lying

Comment

The whole point was for feed back from people in the field in nyc not stupid comments. I want to be a police officer and I'm on the list waiting to get called I don't know how it was for you guys but I'm patiently waiting. My cousin made bad choices as a teen. He doesn't know I even asked the question I know police in nyc that say he doesn't stand a chance others say they've seen some people get on they never thought would. I wanted professional advice not immature responses. That's why I asked the question if you don't have good advice don't waste my time or your own. I'm not here playing games I'm offended by the fact some of you even thought I was referring to myself. With the stuff going on in nyc with the protests I still want to be a cop that stuff doesn't phase me one bit. All I ask is that you guys are honest. Some of you shared that and I'm grateful. For people who are familiar will commissioner Bratton. He has broken windows theory and hates graffiti. My cousin was locked up in the 90's during his first time around as boss. So he was arrested when it was a big deal and if de Blaiso gets a second term Bratton will be around longer I don't see him accepting my cousin. That's the only point I was making. Should he be discouraged no but I also think some people have to be truthful and honest about who they are and I don't see him to be a cop period.

Comment

The whole point was for feed back from people in the field in nyc not stupid comments. I want to be a police officer and I'm on the list waiting to get called I don't know how it was for you guys but I'm patiently waiting. My cousin made bad choices as a teen. He doesn't know I even asked the question I know police in nyc that say he doesn't stand a chance others say they've seen some people get on they never thought would. I wanted professional advice not immature responses. That's why I asked the question if you don't have good advice don't waste my time or your own. I'm not here playing games I'm offended by the fact some of you even thought I was referring to myself. With the stuff going on in nyc with the protests I still want to be a cop that stuff doesn't phase me one bit. All I ask is that you guys are honest. Some of you shared that and I'm grateful. For people who are familiar will commissioner Bratton. He has broken windows theory and hates graffiti. My cousin was locked up in the 90's during his first time around as boss. So he was arrested when it was a big deal and if de Blaiso gets a second term Bratton will be around longer I don't see him accepting my cousin. That's the only point I was making. Should he be discouraged no but I also think some people have to be truthful and honest about who they are and I don't see him to be a cop period.

On this forum you are going to get point blank responses from a variety of people . The posters on this forum don't sugar coat their responses to give people a feel good answer.

Fact of life if you ask a question on this forum------------------You have been a member of the forum for nearly a year , you should know how questions are handled here by now.

You were given good answers and you were also asked pertinent questions about your post-----remember your audience----a bunch of trained cops/investigators with Inquiring Minds

If you get offended by a few stray bits and bytes on an internet forum-----------------YOU are going to have a tough row to hoe in this profession

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              On this forum you are going to get point blank responses from a variety of people . The posters on this forum don't sugar coat their responses to give people a feel good answer.

Fact of life if you ask a question on this forum------------------You have been a member of the forum for nearly a year , you should know how questions are handled here by now.

You were given good answers and you were also asked pertinent questions about your post-----remember your audience----a bunch of trained cops/investigators with Inquiring Minds

If you get offended by a few stray bits and bytes on an internet forum-----------------YOU are going to have a tough row to hoe in this profession
                              I respect what you say I was offended only because I felt I was being called a liar. That's the only part I was offended about. I respect law enforcement that's why I want to be apart of it. I have done nothing but give law enforcement respect. I want honesty but people with clear heads not macho stuff. We are all people before and after the shield. I know to many police officers that are pig headed and think there above the law and I know a bunch that do the job well and are respected. I know I will get a mixture of both o these forums but I already got my responses and that's just fine. Thank you for taking the time out to say something I appreciate it I really do

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4305 users online. 241 members and 4064 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X