300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Assignment

I need a law enforcement officer to answer these questions for me. Thanks for taking time to read and/or respond. Only one response from an LEO is needed. Thank you!

How do you learn to recognize dangerous situations?

Do you have your own system? Explain.

What is the best advice you have ever been given?

Does your department lean more towards a rapid response style of patrol or a community based philosophy?

How often do officers train?

What type of training is done yearly?

Are there any driving or patrol courses offered?

How is driving/patrol courses acquired?

Does your department have cameras mounted in cruisers? Do you have body cameras?

What's the policy on backup for officers? Are there calls requiring mandatory back up? If any, what are they?

What's the time period until a new officer works alone?

What are the expectations of the department for officers to learn street names, counties, etc.?

How does the department handle officer performance evaluations? Is it a fair process?

Does the department offer education on gangs or terrorism?

Is there a residency requirement?

Is there information passed on to officers on the latest patrol stops? (This could be threats to police identified by other officers or departments, M.O. of drug runners, stolen vehicles, transporting weapons, etc.) If so, when and how is the information imparted.

How do you cope with ethical issues that conflict with your own beliefs while working as a police officer? For example, guarding an abortion clinic or rally against gun control, etc.

What is your evaluation of the department, officers, equipment, etc.?

Is this a good profession? If you could do it all over again, would you?
    Last edited by christian_schulz; 12-11-2014, 02:51 PM.

No one here is a cop. Everyone here is a cop. I'm not a cop. I am a cop. I am whatever you say I am, if I wasnt, why would I say I am.

Comment

Way to many questions. Go to your local PD and ask them there in person.

Comment

We have a long standing informal custom of NOT HELPING STUDENTS WITH HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS.

Go find a REAL PERSON (in person who you could touch) who you KNOW TO BE A REAL COP and see if they will answer your questions. After reading them I highly doubt most officers will answer some of those questions.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Here you go:

How do you learn to recognize dangerous situations? 19

Do you have your own system? Explain. 217

What is the best advice you have ever been given? 47

Does your department lean more towards a rapid response style of patrol or a community based philosophy? 98

How often do officers train? 12

What type of training is done yearly? 4

Are there any driving or patrol courses offered? 332

How is driving/patrol courses acquired? 5

Does your department have cameras mounted in cruisers? Do you have body cameras? 54

What's the policy on backup for officers? Are there calls requiring mandatory back up? If any, what are they? 87

What's the time period until a new officer works alone? 121

What are the expectations of the department for officers to learn street names, counties, etc.? 220

How does the department handle officer performance evaluations? Is it a fair process? 1

Does the department offer education on gangs or terrorism? 40

Is there a residency requirement? 2

Is there information passed on to officers on the latest patrol stops? (This could be threats to police identified by other officers or departments, M.O. of drug runners, stolen vehicles, transporting weapons, etc.) If so, when and how is the information imparted. 100

How do you cope with ethical issues that conflict with your own beliefs while working as a police officer? For example, guarding an abortion clinic or rally against gun control, etc. 545

What is your evaluation of the department, officers, equipment, etc.? 312

Is this a good profession? If you could do it all over again, would you? 945

Each of these questions, plus thousands more, are routinely asked. A group of the regulars got together at a conference last year and wrote a book of answers, each number corresponds to the page of the book this question is presented along with a detailed answer.

The book can be purchased with 6 easy installments of $39.95 each. But wait - there's more! For an extra $5 per payment, we will throw in the O.com secret decoder ring. Operators are standing by.

Comment

Originally posted by christian_schulz View Post
            I need a law enforcement officer to answer these questions for me. Thanks for taking time to read and/or respond. Only one response from an LEO is needed. Thank you!

How do you learn to recognize dangerous situations?

Do you have your own system? Explain.

What is the best advice you have ever been given?

Does your department lean more towards a rapid response style of patrol or a community based philosophy?

How often do officers train?

What type of training is done yearly?

Are there any driving or patrol courses offered?

How is driving/patrol courses acquired?

Does your department have cameras mounted in cruisers? Do you have body cameras?

What's the policy on backup for officers? Are there calls requiring mandatory back up? If any, what are they?

What's the time period until a new officer works alone?

What are the expectations of the department for officers to learn street names, counties, etc.?

How does the department handle officer performance evaluations? Is it a fair process?

Does the department offer education on gangs or terrorism?

Is there a residency requirement?

Is there information passed on to officers on the latest patrol stops? (This could be threats to police identified by other officers or departments, M.O. of drug runners, stolen vehicles, transporting weapons, etc.) If so, when and how is the information imparted.

How do you cope with ethical issues that conflict with your own beliefs while working as a police officer? For example, guarding an abortion clinic or rally against gun control, etc.

What is your evaluation of the department, officers, equipment, etc.?

Is this a good profession? If you could do it all over again, would you?
            Hi Christian,

I apologize for the rudeness of my friends.

I will be more than happy to help you with your homework assignment. I have 33 years of experience on the job, 10 as a supervisor, 15 as a manager, seven as a department head and hold a Community College Instructor’s Credential.

I will answer your questions fully, thoroughly and in a manner that will allow you to cut, paste and present my responses as your own, eliminating any real effort on your part to complete your homework assignment (which as we all know, was why you posted you question on this forum instead of interviewing police officers in person and doing the work yourself). Rest assured, with your kind of philosophy, you are good police management material.

I am now retired and work as a public safety consultant. Because of my expertise and background, my time is valuable and I charge $125 per hour for my services, with a four hour minimum payable in advance. I accept PayPal and give a 25% discount for students seeking homework assistance. If you are interested please provide me with your email address. I will invoice you and get started on your homework once payment is received.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Buncha comedians! I can't figure out how to delete this post. I'm sure an admin can do it for me, because, you know, I can't take the time to figure it out on my own.

Comment

Buncha comedians! I can't figure out how to delete this post. I'm sure an admin can do it for me, because, you know, I can't take the time to figure it out on my own.
                It's simple. We don't do other people's homework. You need to make the time, go out, interview a cop in person and write it out yourself.

That's what police work is all about. Go into the field, investigate and gather the facts, condense them into a factual report and present it in an understandable manner so someone else can understand it.

Comment

Buncha comedians! I can't figure out how to delete this post.
                  That is because on THIS FORUM, threads are RARELY deleted and it is IMPOSSIBLE for a poster to do so. It MUST be done by a moderator.

I'm sure an admin can do it for me,
                  Probably not, since they care even less than we do about the thread or your hurt feelings

because, you know, I can't take the time to figure it out on my own.

Obviously you don't care much about it either or you would have researched the forum and found out we don't do other people's homework
                  Last edited by Iowa #1603; 12-11-2014, 06:22 PM.
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Wow has this been blown out of proportion. I'm not asking anyone to do my homework for me. I'm supposed to ask an LEO these questions. I found a section called "Ask a Cop." I thought that was clear enough to where I didn't need to research whether or not my questions that I ask of cops would be in violation of the "Ask a Cop" section. Sorry the medium (over the internet vs. in person) isn't up to your standards. Didn't know you made the rules on the assignment. Alas, I got the message on the "informal" policy. I'll just get the answer through other mediums. Thanks. You're all too kind.

Comment

Yeah, probably for same reason you can't figure out how to your own homework. But, ya know, I'm feeling good tonight, so I'm going to help you. Here's what you do there Chris ole buddy. Contact that well known expert on law enforcement, and soon to be general counsel for the American Communist Party, Eric Holder.

He has a vast range of experience as a lynch mob leader, principal in at least one criminal enterprise, and years and years of experience advising law enforcement. This, although he's never spent so much as five minutes shagging calls,or dealing with violent suspects.

Eric will probably cut you a better deal than my colleague who's really charging you some prime rates. OTH, Eric is cheap, but he ain't free. Now go do your damned homework.

Comment

Wow has this been blown out of proportion. I'm not asking anyone to do my homework for me. Thanks. You're all too kind.
                        Yeah, but you were asking us to do your homework. All you would have to do is copy and paste our answers and we would have written your assignment for you. Of course you would need to do a little tweaking, but the body of work would already have been completed.

Nice try.

Comment

. I'm supposed to ask an LEO these questions.
                          We are telling you to GO ASK A COP -----in person

I thought that was clear enough to where I didn't need to research whether or not my questions that I ask of cops would be in violation of the "Ask a Cop" section.
                          Nope the question was not in violation of the rules of the forum. This is an informal policy of those of us who regularly post answers in the Ask A Cop section.

We CONSISTENTLY advise all students who try this tactic that we do not consider this to be proper "research" for a school project, homework, or research paper. Sorry if you don't like OUR standards

Sorry the medium (over the internet vs. in person) isn't up to your standards. Didn't know you made the rules on the assignment.
                          We make the rules for how questions are answered......................If you don't like our standards, well you are free to leave the same way you came in.

Alas, I got the message on the "informal" policy. I'll just get the answer through other mediums. Thanks. You're all too kind.
                          please do----------but if you use another medium---------------you still are not doing proper research.
                          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 12-12-2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                            Here you go:

Each of these questions, plus thousands more, are routinely asked. A group of the regulars got together at a conference last year and wrote a book of answers, each number corresponds to the page of the book this question is presented along with a detailed answer.

The book can be purchased with 6 easy installments of $39.95 each. But wait - there's more! For an extra $5 per payment, we will throw in the O.com secret decoder ring. Operators are standing by.
                            Hey you guys didn't invite me to this party....BASTAGES.
                            In God We Trust
                            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

I honestly want to know what class generated such questions. Those bounce all around from patrol operations to employee evaluations to training to personal opinions. Dang! That could easily take an hour or more to complete... I mean give real honest answers to any of those questions.

For the OP how do you know any of us are really cops? There is no vetting process to get on this board. Officer.com and their parent company didn't check with my agency to verify if I really work there. You would have no way of really knowing who is the real deal here (hence the "do it in person" answers and the attitude).
                              semper destravit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6201 users online. 344 members and 5857 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X