300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on what job to take

I am currently enrolled in a community college in New Jersey pursuing a degree in computer science. Recently I was able to get a job as a dispatcher for a local civil service town in Monmouth county. I have been at this job for about two weeks now. I originally planned on trying to get another job during the summer as a SLEO class 1 in a shore town like Long Branch however, I have been told that my home town which is also a civil service town will be hiring 8 new SLEO class 1's. I am not sure which way to go, Long Branch has a reputation for sending SLEO 1's to get their SLEO 2 certs and i know that would be very benificial to me. Currently my home town does not utilize class 2's. Does anyone have advice for me? I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by kwr07748; 12-03-2014, 07:40 PM.

Do you realize that most of us don't know what a SLEO 1 or a SLEO 2 is? I assume it is some kind of a special officer classification that is used in NJ. What are your career goals? Re post in the common tongue and/or post in the NJ forum.

Comment

Thank you I did not realize that SLEO or special law enforcement officer was not a common term in other states, i also did not know that there was a NJ section to this forum, I am a new member and will re post this in the NJ section. A SLEO class one basically is used to write parking tickets and direct traffic, they do not have the power to arrest anyone or carry a weapon. A SLEO 2 has full policing powers when they are on duty and are part time.

Comment

No problem. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2841 users online. 142 members and 2699 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X