Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth getting a criminal justice degree? College student sumped here. Help!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craftspace234 View Post
    I have heard from several people that a CJ degree is nearly useless and that I should go for a different degree that can open more doors for more if law enforcement doesn't work out. Since apparently police academies don't care what kind of degree you have. Problem is, I am not interested in anything else. All I ever wanted to do was become a cop and detective eventually. So criminal justice was the only thing on my mind. To get a bachelors degree in cj.

So my questions are:

1.) Is it truly useless getting a degree in criminal justice? Would you recommend getting one?

2.) What other degree can I go for that are similar but can open more doors for me? Maybe business?

Thanks for any help. I am really stumped on what to do with my life...

1. Criminal Justice degrees are not usless at all, in fact they're extremely versatile. If I wasn't in investigations I would be working in Healthcare....lol...yeah as long as you can sell it, you could pull it off like I nearly did.

2. Study what you like...when you go to apply for jobs here's a hint, look for the job announcements buzzwords and then litter your resume and cover letter with these buzz words. This will increase your chances significantly unless they specify what education/qualification they're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by mhightower View Post
      1. Criminal Justice degrees are not usless at all, in fact they're extremely versatile. If I wasn't in investigations I would be working in Healthcare....lol...yeah as long as you can sell it, you could pull it off like I nearly did.

2. Study what you like...when you go to apply for jobs here's a hint, look for the job announcements buzzwords and then litter your resume and cover letter with these buzz words. This will increase your chances significantly unless they specify what education/qualification they're looking for.
      Unless you are LE, you are not supposed to reply to other people's threads in Ask a Cop.

Comment

Best undergrad degree, (as far as breadth of usefulness): Business.
        Best post-grad/professional degree, (as far as breadth of usefulness): Law

Even running a drag show-revue on Friday nights at your local Blue Oyster bar is a business, just as running a police agency is a business. And there is a field of law for EVERY thing, whether it's internet law, contracts, maritime, personal injury, patents/trademarks, international, etc.
        "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3542 users online. 222 members and 3320 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X