300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a bit of a conundrum...

So earlier this month I obtained a job with a state agency, non LE related but with a possibility of transferring into their law enforcement division should a job opportunity arise in that division after my probationary period. I also received a call to schedule an interview with the local police agency for a full time position.
    So my problem:

Approximately same rate of pay (+ or - about $0.20/hr)
    The LE agency is a short 10 min drive.
    The state agency is an hours drive on a good day.
    I have no leave earned yet to take an early day to do a day time interview.

Should I ask to schedule it at a late time or on a saturday?

LE is where I really want to be but I don't want to mess up my state position by asking for leave while still in training.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Buddy, it's decision time. Not trying to blow you off, but it's your call. No one here can make it for you. Weigh the options, pros and cons. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
      Buddy, it's decision time. Not trying to blow you off, but it's your call. No one here can make it for you. Weigh the options, pros and cons. Best of luck whatever you decide.
      You are the only one who knows all the finer points of your situation and the only one who should make a decision like this.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

A Saturday interview? Good luck with that. Most people who rate admin wouldn't dare work a weekend. There is this magical transformation that happens when you hit a desk you become afraid to work in the dark, cold, or rain.
        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
          You are the only one who knows all the finer points of your situation and the only one who should make a decision like this.

Re read those answers again
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
            A Saturday interview? Good luck with that. Most people who rate admin wouldn't dare work a weekend. There is this magical transformation that happens when you hit a desk you become afraid to work in the dark, cold, or rain.
            Can't let that brass tarnish.

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
              I work a mostly admin position, and I am definitely not afraid of weekends, nights or the outdoors. This might be because I still get out with my warrants crew and work patrol for OT. I guess I'm fighting becoming a Former Action Guy. My understanding is that once you become an admin Former Action Guy, there is no turning back.

Oh, and for the OP, part of becoming a peace officer is making tough decisions with limited information and time.

Stay safe.

Comment

Well I gave them a call and left a message. If it's anything like it was last time, I used to be auxiliary there before school started getting in the way, it would be an interview with the chief and then background, then swearing in. We shall see how it goes. I appreciate the feedback and I think I have everything figured out should things go my way. If not then a quick reworking shouldn't be a problem. Thank you again guys.
                Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Comment

If you like the state gig stay there until training is done then start applying as leave permits. There are alot of leo jobs as well as openings that come up.
                  sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4294 users online. 271 members and 4023 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X