300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
    During my career, albeit this is from a limited sample of one county, there have been 40 officer-involved shootings. Not a single officer resigned, not within a year nor at any point. None of the officers I know from other areas who have shot people resigned.

I wish people would stop trying to convince officers that using their weapons is a devastating experience that will leave them ****ed in the head. All that will do is make them hesitate without any reason other than they've been told they'll crack up, and that delay could get them killed.
    What LAPD has 200 OIS and 50 result in death annually. Now some people need counseling and others need a lot of counseling. It is not 1964 where you can give an officer a bottle of Jack Daniels and tell them we see you on Monday. I have seen too many cases of suicide and I think taking another person's life has something to do with it besides the many other reasons we hear.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
      In my previous life I've probably shot and killed more people than that just by myself. Why is it different if a Soldier shoots somebody vs a peace officer?

A peace officer shoots somebody, and there's counseling and administrative time off and psych evaluations... a Soldier shoots somebody, somebody else and a third person and their reward is to go back out on patrol the next day, to do it again.
      You got a good point. Suicide rates in the military is ridiculous. PTSD is serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Relief View Post
        This is a hypothetical question of course.

In this case, would you just go back to work for Ferguson, or would you move on? I am not a cop, but my feeling would be that Ferguson is just too "hot" and that with it's mob mentality, it would not be safe to go back to work there.
        It depends on the indiviual. I am a sheepdog 100%. I was shot at by African-American gangmembers and a week later by Hispanic gangmembers. The Chief transfer me to the other side of town because I was becoming a bullet magnet. But I love law enforcement.

OTOH, if you are not a sheepdog and you really are just a civil servant. Get another job with benefits two towns over with Water and Power.

Comment

Originally posted by Che View Post
          It depends on the indiviual. I am a sheepdog 100%. I was shot at by African-American gangmembers and a week later by Hispanic gangmembers. The Chief transfer me to the other side of town because I was becoming a bullet magnet. But I love law enforcement.

In Los Angles you might get away with that ---------------not in Ferguson 10,000 officers as opposed to 56 officers
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Here's taking a stand for ya, There's not an incorrect statement in this thread. This is why I respect you guys the way I do. OIS is a pretty individual thing, and different officers involved have different needs. This is what so many self appointed experts and critics of both Law Enforcement, and the Military fail to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              In Los Angles you might get away with that ---------------not in Ferguson 10,000 officers as opposed to 56 officers
              Iowa, that is a great point. Me, I'll stand my ground. Others may move. When I had a shooting in my driveway, my ex-wife filed for divorce the next day. She did not sign up to be a bullet magnet and we was headed to divorce court anyways.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4295 users online. 281 members and 4014 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X