300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you go back?

This is a hypothetical question of course. But, it appears that Darren Wilson may not be indicted in Ferguson. Normally, what has happened around here is that once the officer is cleared by there being no indictment and their department clears them on anything internal, they go back to work.

In this case, would you just go back to work for Ferguson, or would you move on? I am not a cop, but my feeling would be that Ferguson is just too "hot" and that with it's mob mentality, it would not be safe to go back to work there.

Personally I think that his career in LE in Ferguson is over. But I was wrong once before during my career.
    Retired

Comment

This poses an interesting dilemma.

If he is not indicted and his is a civil service position, under law, the officer has an absolute right to return to his old position performing his regular duties and he should not be penalized for merely doing his job.

However in reality, the number of threats made against him and animosity in general are such that he will be unable to perform his duties effectively and continuing to employ him will be a community relations nightmare for the department. Additionally if retained, the city will find itself in the position of having to provide the officer and his family with 24 hour a day security for years to come to protect them against threats arising from acts he performed in the course of his duties. OTOH were he to resign, the stigma that will follow him is such that no other department or private employer will want to hire him. In other words, he will be unemployable.

If the city wants to rid itself of the problem I suspect it will find itself in the position of having to negotiate a multimillion dollar deal with the officer and his girlfriend (who is also an officer with that agency) providing them with enough money to move away, live in obscurity and hide from the public and press for the rest of their lives.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ges-to-resign/

The Ferguson police officer at the center of controversy for fatally shooting Michael Brown earlier this year is in the final stages of negotiations to resign from the department, CNN reported Thursday night.

According to CNN, officer Darren Wilson’s resignation could happen as soon as Friday.

Reporter Shimon Prokupecz, who covers law enforcement for the cable news network, reported that those close to Wilson did not want word of his talks to resign to leak for fear it could influence the impending grand jury decision.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Why resign? If I did everything right, I'd say "F" the media!!!
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCityCop View Post
            Well, the high likelihood that he would be killed by a mob of people might make the decision to resign the proper one.

Comment

I hope he finds another job somewhere else then.. I wouldn't give up my career over stupid people.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

No, I wouldn't go back. My principles would make me want to but my safety and my family's would be too much to always have to deal with. I'd always be expecting an ambush with the hatred falsely drummed up by the poverty pimps, social justice screamers and other "civil" rights groups. There would be no way for me to effectively police that city in any capacity.

Comment

I hope he finds another job somewhere else then.. I wouldn't give up my career over stupid people.
                  I hear you, but if not indicted, he becomes public enemy #1 for the kind of people that often follow through on their threats to kill others.

Comment

he will "retire". If not, some homies will ambush him and he will die. Unfortunately, race dictates this country now...not facts or justice
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

And be a continual lightning rod. Ambushes, complaints, set-up calls looking to MAKE him appear bad. Every call his co-workers go on, results in questions of "Where's Wilson?" And what about those set ups, meant for him which trap his co-workers. One FPD cop gets killed, injured, complained against, or sued and Wilson later learns it was a set up meant to trap HIM.

I would not call it a resignation. Any work comp or other pro-police civil attorney, worth his/her salt, would get him a disability pension. The insurance carrier/risk manager for the City of Ferguson is likely creating a cash incentive to have him leave in order to avoid (or minimize) all the situations I've described.

Wilson has a book to write, or contribute to, about the assclown circus which followed the shooting. He should make millions. The only issue is keeping his future whereabouts a secret. Someone will offer sizeable cash bribes to every low-level PD/city employee to get the goods on where Wilson ends up.
                      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Sorry to not sound more courageous and righteous, but I'd cash in.
                        In every way possible.
                        SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                        SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                          Sorry to not sound more courageous and righteous, but I'd cash in.
                          In every way possible.
                          Yea, he has no chance of continuing his career in that STATE much less that city.

There is a possibility that he COULD go elsewhere in the country and get hired and succeed, but that is a very slim possibility.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I had a career before I got in to law enforcement, so this may be a bit easier for me to say. But - I tell my kids, I tell the young guys I encounter in the department, I tell the older guys who've done this since they were young ... Be very good at law enforcement, but don't let it be the only thing you are good at. This whole scenario is why. You can do your job exactly right, exactly how you were trained, and you can survive to go home at night. But still, that might just be the last night on the job.

He may still be able to work in LE, but probably as a support role, out of the public eye. There is nowhere in the USA he can go to work on the street now and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                              and hide from the public and press for the rest of their lives.
                              Let's not get crazy; Wilson isn't Salman Rushdie, and there isn't some global hoodrat network that's going to snatch him up if he's not careful. Six Social Security checks from now and these turds will have moved on to something else.

That said, he probably can't work on the street anymore.. the media won't allow it. He could go to work quietly somewhere else, but inevitably the media would sniff him out and **** him.
                              Last edited by Chomp; 11-21-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4771 users online. 288 members and 4483 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X