300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long?

How long did you wait from the conditional offer to the academy?

Whew, I saw "How Long" and almost had to be honest!!!

I was offered the job and started the academy the next week.. but I just got lucky and it was timed perfectly with the County's academy (I am in a small agency without its own academy).

Oh, you meant conditional? That means it's CONDITIONAL that you pass all the phases.... for me, it took about 2 months, but YMMV, with my first police gig it was a year and a half process.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

About 10 months after the conditional

Comment

At least nine and a hal- Oh... Uh...

Negative three weeks. I went to the academy first.

Comment

Originally posted by mr crowley View Post
          About 10 months after the conditional
          Damn why so long? That's about the timeframe I am looking unless the Army approves a waiver for early contractural release from an ADSO for a move at the end of August.

Comment

Only about three or four weeks. They moved fast.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by sethd27 View Post
              Damn why so long? That's about the timeframe I am looking unless the Army approves a waiver for early contractural release from an ADSO for a move at the end of August.
              Because with my agency they offer a conditional after you pass the written and oral. Then you have the remaining steps to complete before appointment to the academy. All told it was about 10 months after the oral to appointment

Comment

After my conditional I still had to pass the Background, medical, and psych, I believe.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

For me it was like 6 months, and that was fast. My agency gives you a Conditional Offer after you pass the written, physical agility and preliminary personal history. You are then given a "Conditional Offer of Employment". You may then be hired if you pass the BI, psych, med, poly. AND they select you from the other qualified applicants. Pretty much all it means is that you have met the bare minimum requirements to continue in the process.
                  Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
                  To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

About 3 months

Comment

About 4 months, we got a conditional after passing the PT test, oral board, and written test.

Comment

I went while employed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6414 users online. 352 members and 6062 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X