300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal history questionnaire

I am currently filling out my personal history questionnaire and I was wondering if I should type my information into the packet or hand write it. I started to hand write it but I used two different color inks since it required days to gather the information. Does using two different ink colors on the packet matter? There was no directions that came with the questionnaire of how to do this. If you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Are there any instructions regarding this on the PHS? Some departments mandate that the PHS be done by hand and not typed to ensure the applicant personally entered the information.

There have been instances when falsifications were found on typed PHS forms and the applicant then blamed it on errors by a third party who allegedly typed it for them.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      Are there any instructions regarding this on the PHS? Some departments mandate that the PHS be done by hand and not typed to ensure the applicant personally entered the information.

There have been instances when falsifications were found on typed PHS forms and the applicant then blamed it on errors by a third party who allegedly typed it for them.
      There is no instructions what so ever on this PHQ. http://www.cookcountysheriff.org/pdf...re090214v3.pdf that is the link to that packet. I have used both black and blue ink and wasn't sure if I should change it to keep it to one color.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
        I am currently filling out my personal history questionnaire and I was wondering if I should type my information into the packet or hand write it. I started to hand write it but I used two different color inks since it required days to gather the information. Does using two different ink colors on the packet matter? There was no directions that came with the questionnaire of how to do this. If you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
        I followed the link, and saw, gasp.... a telephone number where you can call actual employees of the department that can answer your question regarding the handwritten vs typing. In regards to your second question, do you really think that using two different colors of ink is acceptable on a document?

I'm going to be harsh because it might help you obtain employment. Peace officers need common sense. Peace officers need critical thinking skills. I'm sure you're intelligent, start using the brain that God gave you and quit relying on others to think for you. Most of us are here to help with questions, however you have to do your part as well.

Good luck in your endeavors.
        Last edited by Country_Jim; 11-11-2014, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Unless instructed to do otherwise, I am sure ink (handwritten) is just fine.
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Every PHS I have ever filled out has said, "Must be legibly handwritten in black ink only"
            "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
            -Sun Tzu

Comment

Now, if you were filing election papers for say, President of the United States, or doing a resume for Secretary of State, Attorney General, the use of a variety of ink(s) would be both desirable and encouraged. However, since you're actually applying for a job where integrity, common sense, critical thinking skills, are desired, the use of one color ink is the norm.

At the risk of being repetitious, I'll echo the thoughts of my colleague who suggested you call the agency to which you applied for clarification. Or, better yet, that you apply some deductive reasoning, simple common sense, and logic as you complete the application.I now commend you to the replies of my colleagues, all of which are 100% accurate as usual.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3652 users online. 191 members and 3461 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X