Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do about drug dealer neighbor?

I've been living across the street from him for almost 2 years. I don't have evidence,
    but I have seen many people coming in and out all day, all hours of the night, stay a minute and leave. Some live here and walk over, and some drive in. There is the usual booming stereo noise, but I've never heard gunshots. I'm still nervous that the man is dangerous.

It seems to be a drug commune around here - there are other male residents, friends of his, who don't work, and they all share cars. I never see any kind of welfare people coming around. One of them clearly is his delivery man - one recent Sunday he was coming in and out all afternoon, blasting his stereo very very loud.

I think it would be very hard to talk to the neighbors without them knowing about it.
    The drug dealer seems to overhear, or hear about, everything that goes on between the 2 buildings that we live in.

I can't go to his landlord, because we have the same landlord, and the research I've been doing indicates that landlords are often in on it. he was going to evict that guy, then changed his mind (why I don't know), and he hasn't been around here since.

And now, there are a couple of 15 year old boys (friends of his) that he now has working for him. I heard them talking about selling drugs to people on Saturday night. Seems to me a man who would use 15 year old boys as drug dealers is somebody to be nervous about...

The boys are a real problem for me, because now they are hanging out in my stairwell area every day - due to having become friends with some new teenagers who moved in. There's a history there of vandalism and threats of violence, but I didn't know they were dealing drugs until this weekend.

I'm wondering if the drug dealer might be an informant, because I recently found out the security guard once called the police on him for the noise problem, and the officer didn't even give the security guard an event number. Just a slap on the wrist for the drug dealer. (The security guard doesn't know yet that he's a drug dealer, but is starting to figure it out.)

If the guy is an informant, am I SOL with this situation? I've seen patrol cars hiding behind the trash bins on the road leading into mine, several times.

So what can I do? What kind of evidence do I need to collect before going to the police? I don't know if I can even do that safely.

TIA for your thoughts

No one on these forums can categorically say the person(s) you reference is a drug dealer. That said, yes, the person could well be one given your narrative of the circumstances.

A couple of questions come to mind though. Have you contacted your local police dept? Is moving out of the neighborhood/area an option? If you're able to move, why haven't you?

These are not intended to be demeaning or offensive questions, but yes, I am a little curious as to why you or anyone, would continue to live under the conditions and circumstances you're describing.

Comment

Well, you have absolutley nothing that would lead anyone to believe anyone is an informant.

All the information about people coming and going at all hours of the night, and just staying for a minute; tell that to your local narcotics detectives or drug hot line.

What do welfare people look like?

A successful drug dealer doesn't want shootings at his place of business any more than you do.
      Last edited by just joe; 11-10-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

reason for not moving: finances, ok?

I have not yet contacted the local police dept. I'm afraid that could be dangerous.

Just Joe. I'm not sure why you're asking about what welfare people look like. What welfare
        people?

Given that it's possible he could be an informant, is it not likely that I'll get any
        help from the police?

Comment

If you're determined to be a "victim" then be one. The questions asked of you were asked in good faith, and as I noted to you previously, not meant to demean or belittle you. Where were you living prior to arriving at your current venue? Was it better or worse?

Why not call the drug hot line my colleague mentioned? We don't live in a risk free environment. Essentially, you have one of two choices: Continue to live in the circumstances you've described, or attempt to do something about it.

Comment

You said you have not seen any welfare people around that location. I asked you what welfare people look like.

It doesn't make any difference if this person is an informant or not (and, again, you have absolutely nothing to base that on).

Why did you come here for advice if you don't want to follow it?
            Last edited by just joe; 11-10-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debbie_fogg View Post

So what can I do? What kind of evidence do I need to collect before going to the police? I don't know if I can even do that safely.
              You find another place to live.

You anonymously give tips to the PD *AFTER* you have found a new place to live.

You then forget about it and go on with your life.

Comment

Just joe, welfare people come around in a vehicle that indicates they are welfare people.
                I've seen that with another neighbor.

One other person had a different opinion that you about whether or not the guy might
                actually be an informant. So I reckon there's only a 50% chance your' correct.

Thank you for your....advice.

Shush, thank you.

Comment

Most likely the PD already knows about it----------the beat officers usually know.

I am not going to get into procedures of drug investigations but suffice it to say if the police know about the house they beat officers just might lay low on the place and NOT actively pay attention to complaints (from you OR the security guard)

If you have complaints about the neighbors, make them to the headquarters.............you can usually do that anonymously if you so wish. If not go ahead and do it in person --------------

I would not trust your "research" about the landlords-----------------
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by debbie_fogg View Post
                    Just joe, welfare people come around in a vehicle that indicates they are welfare people.
                    I've seen that with another neighbor.

One other person had a different opinion that you about whether or not the guy might
                    actually be an informant. So I reckon there's only a 50% chance your' correct.

Thank you for your....advice.

Shush, thank you.
                    I sense just a bit of sarcasm, but let me explain why I said what I did. Today's drug landscape has changed. You don't have west side supplying. You don't have crypts and bloods supplying. You don't have angels supplying. The days of domestic drug franchise is over. We are not in the 70's anymore. I am not going to give any information you can't find out for yourself, so I am not revealing any "inside secrets". The gangs of decades past -- they still hate each other. But they are terrified of the mexican cartel. They will tell you - you can't survive in the drug world without a mexican middleman. you either have too low of volume, or you have too much and become a threat.

So here is what happens when a meddling neighbor gets too close. Or "investigates" on their own, Or makes it somehow known they know more than they should. they disappear. So yeah, my "advice" may have seemed a bit like "wtf?" - but it still stands. Don't get involved other than reporting it anonymously, safely, from a distance. You'll end up some 15 year olds "initiation".

The police have extremely specialized teams and equipment to deal with drug houses at their disposal. Let us do it.

Comment

@Shush - No, there was no sarcasm intended. Thanks for the sincere and real
                      advice. Thanks to you too, Iowa 1603.

Comment

Go buy him out of all his stock every time it comes in. That will cut down on the traffic.

Comment

crimestoppers

Comment

Originally posted by mookster View Post
                            Go buy him out of all his stock every time it comes in. That will cut down on the traffic.
                            One of the best replies I've ever seen, to anything, ever.

Comment

i'd move out
                              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6022 users online. 355 members and 5667 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X