Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Times you were able to talk out a situation and not used a weapon?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times you were able to talk out a situation and not used a weapon?

"To win 100 battles out of 100 battles is not the acme of skill to subdue your opponent without fighting is." -Sun Tzu

So I am wondering if you guys would want to share some stories and such of times where you were able to defuse a situation by talking and such and not needed to deploy a weapon or such?

Many, Many, Many times--------------

No, I don't wish to share on an open forum
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Am I going to get alot of replies like this? Is this a question you cant answer due to law things like non-disclosure or such?

Comment

Originally posted by jaime_lion View Post
          Am I going to get alot of replies like this? Is this a question you cant answer due to law things like non-disclosure or such?

Yep, you're probably going to get a dump truck full of replies similar to those you've already received. No "non-disclosure" involved. We simply don't discuss issues such as this on an open forum, and with people we don't know.

Comment

"To win 100 battles out of 100 battles is not the acme of skill to subdue your opponent without fighting is." -Sun Tzu

So I am wondering if you guys would want to share some stories and such of times where you were able to defuse a situation by talking and such and not needed to deploy a weapon or such?
            Almost every time; Almost.

Yes, you are. Research Verbal Judo and you should be able to draw your own conclusion.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Please stop using the phrase "and such" every time you type. That may be how you speak, but it is the same as typing, "umm," "like," and "you know."

Comment

I will try to not use "such" but be warned I have been asked in person to not use the phrase "like umm you know" by different people. lol Anywho thanks for your replies.

Comment

Every law enforcement officer does it on a daily basis.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Most of the time.
                    Retired

Comment

You act like you think that most of what we do is show up at a scene an shoot, taser, or whoop some *** on most calls. For your information I use my most powerful weapon on every single call for service; my brain. Beyond that, there is nothing else I am willing to say.
                      In God We Trust
                      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

By and large officers effect most of their arrests without using any force. You won't see that in your local papers though.

Comment

What they all said. I probably use force on less than 1% of my contacts...and that includes having spent 6 years on the midnight shift in the ghetto, where the use of force is uncommonly high.
                          MAC

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                            You act like you think that most of what we do is show up at a scene an shoot, taser, or whoop some *** on most calls. For your information I use my most powerful weapon on every single call for service; my brain. Beyond that, there is nothing else I am willing to say.
                            If I used my most powerful weapon on every call, I would be arrested for indecent exposure.

Comment

BTW, what class are you writing your paper for?
                              MAC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7091 users online. 363 members and 6728 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X