300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Employment in Arizona

I am interested in becoming an officer in the coming few years and had a couple of questions. I am currently 21 years old and will be 22 in February. First, when I was 19, I had a suspended license for 90 days, but since January of 2012, I haven't been stopped once. How much will this set me back in applications? Should I wait a few years? Also, I recently had two back surgeries for herniated discs. Will they also pass over me because this? I've been going to school for four years, but don't have a degree, but also have a ton of credits. Will this help? Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by gtomini; 11-07-2014, 12:43 AM.

Why was your DL suspended....90 days sounds like you got a DUI...the surgeries may or may not affect you, that will be up to a doctor

Comment

It was suspended for too many traffic violations.

Comment

Your driving history is a huge indicator of your readiness for LE. Multiple tickets and a suspension will definitely hurt your chances of getting hired. A poor driving record is an indicator of poor judgement, lack of maturity, a disregard for rules/laws and a disregard for safety.

You are only twenty-one. Finish your degree (not CJ), obtain stable employment, learn a second (or third) language and apply in seven to eight years. I know it seem like an eternity, but that is reality. As I'm sure you know, the choices we make affect our opportunities in the future.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

"Country Jim" is 100% right. Depending on where you're thinking of applying, the back thing may disqualify you as the dept. may be concerned about futire injuries & possible medical retirement in the not-to-distant future. If I was on your Oral Board, I think I'd pass you by---sorry.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3456 users online. 176 members and 3280 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X