300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Project

I'm a student at Colonie Central High School, and I'm in a class called Engineering Design and Development. Our project for this year pertains to the manner in which police officers stop criminal vehicles in a chase. We are trying to create a device that is safer and easier to use than road spikes or stop sticks, but we need specifications form stakeholders so that we may move forward with our ideas. As the stakeholders of this kind of device (law enforcement officers), what kinds of features would you like to see in an ideal device that stops criminal vehicles? Any responses would be appreciated!

Your teacher shouldn't accept any results from unverified sources. You have no way of proving that anonymous responders (us) are actually law enforcement officers. Do your project the old-fashioned, real way - in person.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Personally I would like to see a device in a car that: ignores prop 47, is an drug/alcohol ignition interlock, and runs the driver for warrants/probation/parole/credit history.

Also any attempt to disable or remove device results in a small explosive detonation and immediately alerts the police of the car's location if any of the above conditions are violated
      semper destravit

Comment

You forgot to add about what your school resource officer told your class when you ask them and on here you are stating its a project but on the other site you asked on, you stated that your class just "decided" to make a device.

Come on now. Put all the information out there. You were given some decent info on the other site too. You can always make up your own standards to shoot for. If it's a good product, people will go for it but as was said there too, why not start with your local agencies rather than an internet site.

Comment

It has long been a practice of these forums to NOT do the following. Assist in the preparation of term papers, research projects, defense of thesis', or other academic endeavors. This is an informal practice, and any forum member is free to assist you should he/she choose.

At least you were honest in identifying yourself as a student. For your "research" to actually qualify as such, you need to do it the old fashioned way. In your case, that means getting out from behind your computer, and contacting a police officer(s) or agency (s), and address your questions to them. Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

here is the previous post you made on this subject --------------AND the answers given you then

http://forums.officer.com/t195832/#post3528154
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              here is the previous post you made on this subject --------------AND the answers given you then

http://forums.officer.com/t195832/#post3528154
              And they never came back to respond to that post any further, went to another forum to ask the same question, then come back. How long is the deadline for this "project"?

Comment

OP got spanked on the other forum for this... Used another name and asked it twice
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  OP got spanked on the other forum for this... Used another name and asked it twice
                  <<<<<<<< Shakes his head
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Was one of the names he used Yuri ?

Comment

Who else remembers the good ol' days when we did homework by DOING homework instead of asking someone else to do it for us?
                      MAC

Comment

Gen X. The Entitled. No work since it takes away from ME time.
                        Worthless. Should Clorox the gene pool and restart.

Comment

I would like rocket launchers mounted to my MRAP with a Ma Deuce... this would make traffic stops safer.... Or a Railgun that can shoot through the vehicle....

:-D
                          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                          that we are all that stands between
                          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Gen X is wayyyyy over, its not even Gen Y....this is a member of the "Millenials."

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                            Gen X. The Entitled. No work since it takes away from ME time.
                            Worthless. Should Clorox the gene pool and restart.

Comment

X=unknown parameter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5602 users online. 343 members and 5259 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X