300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military: when should I apply?

I am currently active-duty Air Force with 12 months left before separate. I am stationed in Kansas and I'm going to relocate back home to Virginia. When would be an appropriate time for me to start applying for LE job? Thanks!

When I ETSd from the Army, I was stationed overseas in Italy. From the time I left the service to the time I was informed I was hired was approximately six months, with an additional two weeks or so before the academy actually started. (Applied in December, advised I was hired end of May and academy began mid June.)

I'm not sure which agency in Virginia you are applying for, but many agencies have a condensed process for out of state candidates. Rather than do one event (written, physical, poly, etc.), you'll do several in 1 day or over the course of a few days. I highly recommend contacting the agency(ies) you will be applying to and inquiring if they have a similar process. If you're looking for a shorter transition than I had, I think it's worth taking a few days of leave if necessary to ensure your career is ready when you are.
    Chesterfield County Police

Comment

Thanks! That was the exact answer I was looking for.

Comment

You could start now it's not unusual for the hiring process to last about a year. Just make sure when the time comes to bring it up let them know your EAS date.
        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

My department's hiring timeframe is around 12 months. You should start now.
          MAC

Comment

I concur with "NOW!". It took me almost 11 months to go through the process to get hired.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5513 users online. 284 members and 5229 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X