300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If my passenger is on parole with Search conditions

Hi, I hope I'm asking this in the right place. I watch a lot of Cops on TV and I've noticed that sometimes (or maybe all the time I'm not sure) when someone is on parole the police can search them whenever they want because of the conditions of the parole. I'm just wondering if I'm driving and my passenger is on parole and we're pulled over do the police have probable cause to search my car simply because the parolee is in it?

I live in Canada so if there are any Canadian officers on here I'd love to know what the law says in my country, but I'd also be interested to hear about the U.S. as well.

Also I'd just like to say thanks for the work that you do.

Thanks,
    HH.

US, usually yes. Canada laws are probably different and I don't really care to look it up. I don't plan on ever having a person on parol in my vehicle.

Comment

yea, I don't think we have any Canadian Officers that are active now...................
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Canadian Law is liable to be different than American Law, which can often vary from state to state. Stated another way, American Law, while it could be similar, will not apply in Canada.

Know how to avoid any problems in this regard? Don't have any parolees as passengers in your car.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          Know how to avoid any problems in this regard? Don't have any parolees as passengers in your car.
          I wasn't planning on it. But then again short of running a background check on everyone I make friends with how would I know unless they volunteer that info?

Comment

Originally posted by eaker995 View Post
            US, usually yes. Canada laws are probably different and I don't really care to look it up. I don't plan on ever having a person on parol in my vehicle.

I ride around with lots of people on parole in my car.Normally im giving them a lift back to jail tho

Comment

Originally posted by Hishighness View Post
              I wasn't planning on it. But then again short of running a background check on everyone I make friends with how would I know unless they volunteer that info?
              Get better at choosing your friends.

That said I don't know if anybody wakes up one morning wondering this. More likely you have a specific reason to be concerned, but won't admit it.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Fairly simple, if they are your friend, you'd already know. If they are your "friend" you are giving a lift for, it's a coin toss. A driver is responsible for who and what is in their vehicle be it person, weapon, drugs, etc. US laws are different of course but at least here I don't know how many times I've heard, "I was just giving him a lift. I didn't know he had it." as they are cuffed and giving a lift themselves. Just use your head and you won't have to worry about it.

Comment

"I didn't know he had [insert whatever here]" has never been used in such a compelling enough fashion that it ever made a difference on any of my stops. Sorry, bud.

Comment

Beats the crap out of me, but then it was YOU who asked the question. Try this: Pick your friends wisely.

Comment

Well, I'm gonna leave and I thank you all for the info.

Still I don't get why I needed to be attacked and insulted for asking. I saw the situation happen on episodes of Cops and was wondering if it gave Probable Cause since it wasn't the driver on parole. I'm interested in rights issues. That's it.

All my best to you.

Comment

Still I don't get why I needed to be attacked and insulted for asking. I saw the situation happen on episodes of Cops and was wondering if it gave Probable Cause since it wasn't the driver on parole. I'm interested in rights issues. That's it.

All my best to you.
                        You weren't "attacked". It was explained to you what would happen and why if this was in the United States.

As a point of order--------------remember that COPS is a HIGHLY edited ENTERTAINMENT show. NOT real life
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Not only is it entertainment but as far as a "rights issue", I'm sure Canada doesn't have the same Constitution or "rights" that US citizens have. I know many citizens think our Constitution encompasses the world but it stops at our boarders. To figure out the "rights" you'd have to look at your own laws.

Comment

All my best to you.

WOW!! One more butt hurt, snot slinging, crybaby resident of Hillary's Village. No one insulted ya there Slick, you got a little snarky with us. We don't have to take that crap on these forums. Don't like an answer? Take a hike, don't come back, and don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out.

Comment

Ok OP. Here is the answer: No. Unless the train leaving the station going southbound is running at 35 mph, and can beat the car you're in to said station while you are driving at 60 kph.

Got it? Good.
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2964 users online. 163 members and 2801 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X