300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question please?

I'm 15 years old and with a law enforcement Explorers program out of Florida . . . I am an active member and hold rank ect. Here's my delema, this last Saturday was my homecoming I got my date and everything saw a girl I used to like Bla Bla Bla later that night she posted a photo on her Social Media site of her date to which I commented " *throws up on mouth* )
    To which she responded with a mean reply and then we stared to instant message and she wanted to know what my problem was (she had led me on for 2+ years and had a boyfriend the entire time) so I told her and nasty things where said on both sides. At one point she says "what are you going to do? Beat him up?" To which I replied "if it proves a point" she then replied word for word "you do that and I'll get my dad involved! " now I know some quiet a few police tactics and explained to her that I'd use them if I had too so Bla Bla Bla she eventually says the key words "stop talking to me" but me with my emotions raging (knowing it's wrong and knowing the consequences) keeps talking until age says it one more time and I stop. Now the problem I really have her mom gets involved and screen shots the conversation and takes it up to the SRO (school resource officer) and says that I threatened to BEAT UP HER DAD! She completely twisted the conversation and as a nice little bonus they're HER screen shots which means she could have easily twister them to make her look like she's done nothing wrong (they don't let me see her version of the conversation so we both agree and set up a no contact order which I have religiously followed because the Explorer program means the entire world to me. Now come to find out this morning they want to press charges . . .
    Remember I kept talking when she asked me to stop

My question is do they have the means to press charges?

If so could I fight it in court?

If all else fails what degree of misdemeanor am I looking at?

Even it's of the first degree would this destroy my chances of getting into law enforcement?

Could I even play it out if I have the charges and wait until 5-10 years pass just to make me "look better" on the application?

I'm very good friends with several deputies and the Sherriff himself but they've all said they can't help me on this one . . .

Sorry this is really long . . .

Please reply as fast as you can!

It sounds like you got yourself foolishly mixed up in some immature teenage drama.

Two Florida State laws you may want to read and see if you happened to violate them are here:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/...s/0836.10.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0784.048.html
    "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

As noted, stupid teenage drama. If I was managing your program, you would be out.

Around here, prosecutors subpoena the entire text stream (or whatever you call it) so they have the complete picture.

Sure, they can press charges. You continued to harass her after she told you to stop. I am assuming your state is the same, but in Ohio juveniles must always appear in court with a parent or guardian, so, yes, you can "fight it." If adjudicated as delinquent, sanctions are aimed towards correcting inappropriate behavior rather than punishment, per se.

Did I mention I would kick you out of my program?

In my experience, minor juvenile stupidity doesn't carry any weight in the hiring process.

Comment

Originally posted by noah.stroshine View Post
        Even it's of the first degree would this destroy my chances of getting into law enforcement?
        This 'Drama Queen' behavior can't help your chances of getting into law enforcement.
        Could I even play it out if I have the charges and wait until 5-10 years pass just to make me "look better" on the application?
        Time does help. Some people delude themselves into believing that their juvenile cases won't come back and bite them in the butt. Law enforcement is a fairly small community and if the hiring agency does a decent background check, they will likely speak with someone who remembers the incident and it may come up.
        I'm very good friends with several deputies and the Sherriff himself but they've all said they can't help me on this one
        That should give you the answer you are looking for. When you put yourself out there and don't do the right thing, you will find out that officers you are friends with will distance themselves from you and any association with the things you do. Nobody wants to screw up their career or reputation to 'help a brother out', especially when the brother did something stupid. It can be a career ending move.

Use this as a lesson in life and move forward. Decisions you make at 15 can effect the rest of your life.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

As a School Resource Officer, I would pull both of you and speak to you both to get your sides of the story... 3 sides, remember? Yours, hers, and the truth. But keep in mind, you ADMITTED to harassing her after she told you to stop. I COULD, in theory, charge you, but the School can also discipline you as well. Now, if you were a member of my Post, I would either suspend you or cut you.

Now, furthermore, being an Explorer gives you NO special privileges outside the Post. Don't go around telling folks you know "quiet a few police tactics" and NEVER threaten to hurt someone. EVERYTHING YOU POST ONLINE WILL BE SEEN!!! Never post anything you don't want seen or used against you!! You definitely got involved in some Stupid **** that will definitely haunt you.

Everyone does stupid **** as kids, but this... this is almost nuts.... and you mentioned that you were Explorer which makes it worse....
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
            Now, furthermore, being an Explorer gives you NO special privileges outside the Post. Don't go around telling folks you know "quiet a few police tactics" and NEVER threaten to hurt someone. .
            As an explorer sponsor (many years ago) I would have removed the person from the program for that type of behavior.

Guess what "getting fired" from an explorer program would do for his future Law Enforcement career????????
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              Guess what "getting fired" from an explorer program would do for his future Law Enforcement career????????
              Would it be something to add to the "how are my chances?" topic that Country_Jim started?

Comment

Teenage drama, total Bullsh..t, and totally unbecoming a member of a Police Explorer Unit. Yeah, I'd boot your butt out of the program. While I don't see your juvenile, snot nosed activity as a lifetime DQ, it demonstrates you have MUCH growing up to do.

Charges?? Yeah, there could be some, and you probably need to think about that. Charges if any, would be in Juvenile Court. That's entirely appropriate as your actions were totally juvenile.

Get started on growing up some. No, erase that. Get started on growing up a whole lot. And, if you take nothing else away from this juvenile crap you were involved in, take this. Law Enforcement is public service, not a means of intimidating or threatening another in what was (is) a strictly personal matter.

Comment

At one point she says "what are you going to do? Beat him up?" To which I replied "if it proves a point" she then replied word for word "you do that and I'll get my dad involved! " now I know some quiet a few police tactics and explained to her that I'd use them if I had too so
                  Just in case you are confused where you messed up, here it is. These are your words, not an edited screen shot as you seem to be concerned about. You threatened violence against another student. You then threatened violence against her dad by using "police tactics". It doesn't matter what she said or did. The threat was a threat made by you. No one forced you to "become emotional" and make these statements. Sure you can fight it. That's your right. But you really need to think about your actions.

In case you miss it, are you seeing a reoccurring theme with our posts?

Comment

Not JUST police tactics but "quiet a few police tactics!"
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

kot, is that you???

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                        Not JUST police tactics but "quiet a few police tactics!"
                        Sh*t I only know below a few police tactics

Comment

Sheesh. And they wonder why they get such resistance from cops about wearing badges and uniforms...
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
                            Sh*t I only know below a few police tactics
                            I know a few like OC Spray in the A/C vents, grease under the door handle, etc
                            In God We Trust
                            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

I'm 15 years old and with a law enforcement Explorers program out of Florida . . . I am an active member and hold rank ect. Here's my delema, this last Saturday was my homecoming I got my date and everything saw a girl I used to like Bla Bla Bla later that night she posted a photo on her Social Media site of her date to which I commented " *throws up on mouth* )
                              To which she responded with a mean reply and then we stared to instant message and she wanted to know what my problem was (she had led me on for 2+ years and had a boyfriend the entire time) so I told her and nasty things where said on both sides. At one point she says "what are you going to do? Beat him up?" To which I replied "if it proves a point" she then replied word for word "you do that and I'll get my dad involved! " now I know some quiet a few police tactics and explained to her that I'd use them if I had too so Bla Bla Bla she eventually says the key words "stop talking to me" but me with my emotions raging (knowing it's wrong and knowing the consequences) keeps talking until age says it one more time and I stop. Now the problem I really have her mom gets involved and screen shots the conversation and takes it up to the SRO (school resource officer) and says that I threatened to BEAT UP HER DAD! She completely twisted the conversation and as a nice little bonus they're HER screen shots which means she could have easily twister them to make her look like she's done nothing wrong (they don't let me see her version of the conversation so we both agree and set up a no contact order which I have religiously followed because the Explorer program means the entire world to me. Now come to find out this morning they want to press charges . . .
                              Remember I kept talking when she asked me to stop

My question is do they have the means to press charges?

If so could I fight it in court?

If all else fails what degree of misdemeanor am I looking at?

I'm very good friends with several deputies and the Sherriff himself but they've all said they can't help me on this one . . .

Sorry this is really long . . .

Please reply as fast as you can!

In your post, You state, "Now the problem I have her mom gets involved". This alone tells me that you don't understand the actual problem. The actual problem is that you are a police explore, you represent your departmet and yet, you made threats of violence against two subjects. You also initiated contact with a girl that you had feelings for and argued with and harassed her despite her asking you to stop contacting her.

I understand you are fifteen years old and your hormones are raging, however you are old enough to know better. In California, the threats could be charged as a felony (422 CPC), depending on how the officer wrote up the report. You don't even have to have any intention of following through with the threats.

I don't know you personally, I am just judging you by your post. You may be a great kid or a badge hungry, power tripping jerk. What I do know is that you need to accept responsiblity for your actions and show some maturity.

Stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4803 users online. 281 members and 4522 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X