300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear?

Is formal dress to much for a home interview or should I go casual and comfortable since it's my home?

Any interview is an interview. Dress appropriately.

Comment

The key is to be presentable. That includes both you and your home. Be neatly groomed and dressed. Neatly pressed trousers,(not jeans) clean shirt, dress or polo should be okay. Oh, appropriate foot ware . Dress shoes, nicely shined. Good luck.

Comment

I second both responses!! First impressions, man!
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Wear something that lets them know you mean business. I suggest the following:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm16693857...mi_mi_all_sf_2

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post

That's hilarious! !!

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post

also gets my vote!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
                also gets my vote!!
                I wore a similar outfit and they were very impressed.

Comment

I recommend dressing formal.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12234[/ATTACH]

Ok, I am going to laugh about that one ---------------------------and tell a story. I have told it before but it always is one that garners some thoughtful responses

Myself and another Lieutenant were conducting interviews for Correctional Officers a while back. It had been a LONG day of looking at the ones who MIGHT be working with us later.......a LONG DAY

The last guy on our list came in --------------------3 piece suit, nicely groomed, pleasant voice, respectful mannerisms etc. BOTH of us thought "this is going to be a winner". College educated AND currently employed

He sat down and answered each question within the parameters that had been set for employment (at the time we "scored"each answer on a 1-5 point system based on "set answer" and choosing the closest numerical value on his answer)

He left the room for us to score and discuss. BOTH of us were uneasy. The hair on the back of my neck stood up on end during the entire interview & I had no idea why. My partner expressed pretty much the same response but again neither of us could point to exactly WHY we were put off.

We collectively decided to CRITICALLY score his interview. We deducted points for "hiding his hands in his lap", " fidgeting " and some other idiosyncratic mannerisms he displayed. (Yes legal------we though his nervousness was germane and excessive) Our score gave him a marginal score which warranted a "no recommendation" as opposed to "Recommend for Hire" or "Do NOT Recommend for Hire"

The Warden chose not to hire this individual.

Six months later I was watching the news when they reported the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (game wardens) and the Federal Natural Resources 1811 agents had arrested this idiot after a year long investigation for dealing in federally protected animals

Even a 3 piece suit and a college education might NOT get you hired
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]12234[/ATTACH]

That's just plain dumb due to all the hassles related to the tuxedo rental process. Purchasing one of those tuxedo T-shirts is far wiser since you can own it, allowing it to be worn at numerous interviews.

http://www.founditemclothing.com/t-s...uxedo-tee.html

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        Ok, I am going to laugh about that one ---------------------------and tell a story. I have told it before but it always is one that garners some thoughtful responses

Myself and another Lieutenant were conducting interviews for Correctional Officers a while back. It had been a LONG day of looking at the ones who MIGHT be working with us later.......a LONG DAY

The last guy on our list came in --------------------3 piece suit, nicely groomed, pleasant voice, respectful mannerisms etc. BOTH of us thought "this is going to be a winner". College educated AND currently employed

He sat down and answered each question within the parameters that had been set for employment (at the time we "scored"each answer on a 1-5 point system based on "set answer" and choosing the closest numerical value on his answer)

He left the room for us to score and discuss. BOTH of us were uneasy. The hair on the back of my neck stood up on end during the entire interview & I had no idea why. My partner expressed pretty much the same response but again neither of us could point to exactly WHY we were put off.

We collectively decided to CRITICALLY score his interview. We deducted points for "hiding his hands in his lap", " fidgeting " and some other idiosyncratic mannerisms he displayed. (Yes legal------we though his nervousness was germane and excessive) Our score gave him a marginal score which warranted a "no recommendation" as opposed to "Recommend for Hire" or "Do NOT Recommend for Hire"

The Warden chose not to hire this individual.

Six months later I was watching the news when they reported the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (game wardens) and the Federal Natural Resources 1811 agents had arrested this idiot after a year long investigation for dealing in federally protected animals

Even a 3 piece suit and a college education might NOT get you hired
                        Iowa...I assure you I'm no animal dealer or any other kind of dealer. ..I'm just a LEO who needs a department...

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                          dress or polo should be okay
                          Dress? What kind of impression do you want him to give???

Originally posted by Ceridwen
                          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

I don't know, maybe a nice silk black dress with a low cut back could give you an edge. :P
                            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                              I don't know, maybe a nice silk black dress with a low cut back could give you an edge. :P
                              But nothing strapless; I think that is going too far for a first home visit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5549 users online. 307 members and 5242 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X