Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jchughes05
    replied
    Monty!! The Great Conservator of the Peace!!

Leave a comment:

• gopherpuckfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Long Relief View Post
    Who is arguing? Just throwing a question out there and glad for the interesting responses (which are logical). I doubt any "old timers" remember me since I haven't been on all that long. And, what exactly am I posing as?
    The OP says he's only been on O.com for a short while, but the composition and tone of his posts are eerily similar to former troll "Buck Eight".

Leave a comment:

• Long Relief
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    This OP has a history of starting one subject then poking more things into his argument

I think a few of you old timers might remember poster (poser) !0-8

Who is arguing? Just throwing a question out there and glad for the interesting responses (which are logical). I doubt any "old timers" remember me since I haven't been on all that long. And, what exactly am I posing as?

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
    My reply relates to the original post. Just pointing out his inconsistency.

Gotcha.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    My training was always that once we sprayed someone.

Based on that I assumed he worked for someone, somewhere at some time.
    Nope..................

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    He isn't a cop, he doesn't work for any agency
    My training was always that once we sprayed someone.

Based on that I assumed he worked for someone, somewhere at some time.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    What agency do you work for so I don't apply there.

He isn't a cop, he doesn't work for any agency

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    Usually any use of force greater than verbal commands gets a full use of force report.

The exception, as noted, is a riot or other large scale disturbance. Even then a report will be done about the incident, usually one main report and a supplemental from each deputy involved, where the use of force will be recorded as well as possible.

My training was always that once we sprayed someone, we became responsible for them in that if we just let them roam off into the night drunk as a skunk and blind as a bat and they get hit by a bus we would be liable.
    ...and when you shoot a canister of OC at a rioting crowd you're responsible for every single person within 50 feet of the impact point? What agency do you work for so I don't apply there.

you could have idiots showing up the next day at the PD saying they have a separated shoulder and fell over a curb and got a concussion because they couldn't see from the OC.
    1. Evidence?

2. Arrest the person for disorderly, since they admit being there and were close enough to get sprayed.

As an aside, please explain how you would arrest or detain 20 bar patrons with 4 officers.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 10-27-2014, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    Originally posted by just joe View Post
    Reread post #7, which is the first post in which he actually specified what he was asking about.
    My reply relates to the original post. Just pointing out his inconsistency.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by just joe View Post
    Reread post #7, which is the first post in which he actually specified what he was asking about.
    This OP has a history of starting one subject then poking more things into his argument

I think a few of you old timers might remember poster (poser) !0-8 sorry BUCK EIGHT
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 10-30-2014, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
    There seems to be an apples to oranges comparison of use of force and crowd control. The OP asked a question regarding use of force and policy, crowd control was not mentioned and is a totally different thing.

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    There seems to be an apples to oranges comparison of use of force and crowd control. The OP asked a question regarding use of force and policy, crowd control was not mentioned and is a totally different thing.

Leave a comment:

• Mulgrave600
    replied
    I'm not chasing through a crowd of violent drunks just to catch someone that I've sprayed to break up an affray. I've completed use of force reports where the offender is 'unknown' several times.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    If it's a general melee, you aren't going to be able to hook everyone you touch. Defend yourself and your partners, quell the violence, hook who you can, go to the next call. All this hysteria about going hands-on is fairly new, and shouldn't be such a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    I would say that you are not responsible for anyone you spray unless you physically take them into custody. Limited numbers of officers can't arrest large numbers of people. The goal is to break up the groups and move them on. If you had to physically arrest everyone who got sprayed or pushed, you'd have a line at the sally port AND you would still have a large crowd in the middle of the street doing whatever they wanted to do, which is why so few people are arrested at civil disturbances. People who expect the police to arrest everyone in these types of situations simply don't understand the logistics and consequences of actually doing so.
    Last edited by just joe; 10-24-2014, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4122 users online. 277 members and 3845 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X