Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview question

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interview question

    Okay. So last year I had an interview for a deputy sheriff position and one of the questions was a 'what would you do' type question this situation. This is what the question was:

    You're out on patrol and you come across a vehicle that is parked in a remote location. The vehicle is occupied by an elderly male. You try to get the person's attention and they're not responding to you as they're sitting there coherent. Their vehicle is locked and all the windows are up. Back up or medical assistance is not close to your location. What do you do in this situation?

    I was curious to see how you officers or deputies out there would respond to this. Any help?

  • #2
    Originally posted by jdz10 View Post
    Okay. So last year I had an interview for a deputy sheriff position and one of the questions was a 'what would you do' type question this situation. This is what the question was:

    You're out on patrol and you come across a vehicle that is parked in a remote location. The vehicle is occupied by an elderly male. You try to get the person's attention and they're not responding to you as they're sitting there coherent. Their vehicle is locked and all the windows are up. Back up or medical assistance is not close to your location. What do you do in this situation?

    I was curious to see how you officers or deputies out there would respond to this. Any help?
    Agencies want YOUR answer--------------------not the answer of veteran officers
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd just move along.





      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

      I Am the Sheepdog.


      "And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks


      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jdz10 View Post
        Okay. So last year I had an interview for a deputy sheriff position and one of the questions was a 'what would you do' type question this situation. This is what the question was:

        You're out on patrol and you come across a vehicle that is parked in a remote location. The vehicle is occupied by an elderly male. You try to get the person's attention and they're not responding to you as they're sitting there coherent. Their vehicle is locked and all the windows are up. Back up or medical assistance is not close to your location. What do you do in this situation?

        I was curious to see how you officers or deputies out there would respond to this. Any help?
        I would throw a hand grenade under the vehicle to see his response.
        Retired

        Comment


        • #5
          If you smash a window, you can judge the level of alertness by their response to the noise and flying glass...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

          Comment


          • #6
            Another trick the newer officer's don't know about, is to set the vehicle on fire, and then if something happens to the occupant, you can always blame the fire department.
            Retired

            Comment


            • #7
              These responses made me genuinely burst out laughing .

              To OP: Most departments make you sign a confidentiality clause which states you wont discuss your interview. In case you are applying to one that doesn't, they are asking to see how YOU think and if you can problem solve.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by retired View Post
                Another trick the newer officer's don't know about, is to set the vehicle on fire, and then if something happens to the occupant, you can always blame the fire department.
                One major problem with this tactic-------------------

                Internal Affairs gets VERY UPSET when it is reported that you had Marshmallows and Hot Dogs on a stick on scene
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by retired View Post
                  Another trick the newer officer's don't know about, is to set the vehicle on fire, and then if something happens to the occupant, you can always blame the fire department.






                  Now, that ^^^is priceless!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As has been noted to you, the department wants YOUR answer, not ours. Ours are awfully damned good though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm sorry I missed this question. OP, if you use one of the great answers provided by the forum members I'm sure you'll ace the oral exams.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Flashbang. Always flashbang.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          One major problem with this tactic-------------------

                          Internal Affairs gets VERY UPSET when it is reported that you had Marshmallows and Hot Dogs on a stick on scene
                          Thanks. I nearly choked when I read this one. I'm soooo using this at my next promotion board.

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 5595 users online. 319 members and 5276 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X