300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes or No question, but neither yes or no

i have never used illegal drugs. In preparing for interviews, polygraph, etc I have wondered what a proper answer would or should be to a question such as: "have you disclosed all of your illegal drug use to this agency?"

if i say yes then im admitting to the use of illegal drugs.
    if i say no, well, we know how that ends.

the question assumes i have used illegal drugs in the past.
    so my question is how does one answer a question where the question assumes a fact or past act?

i.e.
    have you disclosed all of your illegal drug use to this agency?
    have you disclosed all civil judgments?
    etc

if "yes" or "no" does not apply to me, what gives?

The answer is "Yes."

Comment

The operator should discuss all of the questions with you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by penelhum212 View Post
        "have you disclosed all of your illegal drug use to this agency?"
        If you have never used illegal drugs the answer to that question is YES --------IF you told them you have never used drugs
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The answer is "yes." As noted, that will be discussed with the polygrapher/interviewer.
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            If you have never used illegal drugs the answer to that question is YES --------IF you told them you have never used drugs
            BINGO! The OP is overthinking things. OP, I appreciate your honesty, just don't overthink the questions asked of you or it will add unneccesary stress.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Comment

All poly examiners are different, but for us - we were asked a series of open ended questions in discussion style while the machine was not recording. Then, the actual question became "other than what you have told me, have you ever [banged a goat or whatever]". That way, provided you've disclosed everything in the q&a, the answer would be no. Apparently its easier to lie if the lie is to lie about a yes answer, as opposed to a no answer, so they tried to make it were the goal should be all no's, making it harder to lie about the no. or something like that.

Anyway - it will be perfectly clear when you take it. They aren't trying to trip you up, they are just trying to determine your honest answers.

Comment

OK, ready? This ain't rocket science. You tell the truth. Now that's a thought isn't it?

Comment

You answer "maybe" or with another question.
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

If the OP is that word worried, he's used drugs.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                      All poly examiners are different, but for us - we were asked a series of open ended questions in discussion style while the machine was not recording. Then, the actual question became "other than what you have told me, have you ever [banged a goat or whatever]". That way, provided you've disclosed everything in the q&a, the answer would be no. Apparently its easier to lie if the lie is to lie about a yes answer, as opposed to a no answer, so they tried to make it were the goal should be all no's, making it harder to lie about the no. or something like that.

Anyway - it will be perfectly clear when you take it. They aren't trying to trip you up, they are just trying to determine your honest answers.
                      With that said, I strongly believe that the goat should take a polygraph as well. Some of you know how well a goat can lie.
                      Last edited by retired; 10-13-2014, 07:30 PM.
                      Retired

Comment

The goat will just eat the paper.
                        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4350 users online. 273 members and 4077 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X