300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions about your job.

So I'm currently waiting to go to Arlington Texas for my Polygraph, Psychological and Medical. While looking into this I wanted to ask some questions.

What in your own opinion is the best part of the job for you? Also the hardest part of the job for you? If it's too personal you can send me a message if you'd like. I Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Dealing with the public on both questions

Comment

One of the common hardest part of the job is the day to day stress of a high call volume, trying to find time to complete reports/turn in evidence, deal with heavy traffic and long lines at the jail to name a few. You will also be dealing with unruly persons, seeing injured, dead and dying people, get into foot and vehicle pursuits and work traffic accidents in all of the bad weather Mother Nature can throw at you.

So basically, just the regular stress of the job is one of the hardest things to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Talltom View Post
        So I'm currently waiting to go to Arlington Texas for my Polygraph, Psychological and Medical. While looking into this I wanted to ask some questions.

What in your own opinion is the best part of the job for you? Also the hardest part of the job for you? If it's too personal you can send me a message if you'd like. I Hope everyone had a good weekend!
        Best part is responding in 'ask a cop'.

The hardest part is my baton.

I will send you a picture of my baton via private message.

Comment

The best part of my job is knowing that my family is proud of me. The worst part of my job is the internal politics. I am blessed to be in a position to influence policy and procedures, however politics and political correctness often conflict with what is best for the department and public safety.

Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
            I am blessed to be in a position to influence policy and procedures, however politics and political correctness often conflict with what is best for the department and public safety.

Stay safe.
            Pretty much a carbon copy of my last decade in the job I retired from------------------------
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

What in your own opinion is the best part of the job for you?
              Messing with inmates: No, you can't switch cells... but since you got my attention, I'll confiscate your altered TP, shampoo and deodorant (since they're now contraband) and the blanket you're using as carpet... and I'll give you a 23 hour lockdown for b!tching about it.

Also the hardest part of the job for you?
              Listening to inmates whine: It's too hot, it's too cold, I want a kosher meal, I need to call my lawyer/boss/whomever, the food sucks, I'm going to sue...

...had one inmate tell me he was calling his lawyer to sue us. I asked him if that was teh same lawyer he had when he was convicted. If so, it didn't seem like he had a very good lawyer.
              Last edited by tanksoldier; 10-13-2014, 08:13 PM.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Best part: Being allowed to play police and do my job.

Hardest part: A stupidvisor who interfered with the "best part."
                I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Best part would be saving a life.

Worst part seeing kids abused or even killed
                  sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2644 users online. 141 members and 2503 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X