Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open carry and being disarmed without crime?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slamdunc
    replied
    Originally posted by DouglasBrian View Post
    How did you get your military signature setup? I've been to the site but no way to sign up. Thanks!
    PM sent

Leave a comment:

• DouglasBrian
    replied
    Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
    Not only do they know this, they count on it and are prepared, with recorder in hand, to 'educate' us.
    If I ever decided to turn criminal, I would take a firearm from the first open-carry wing-nut that I saw. I wouldn't have to break into anyone's home or try to boost a gun store and risk getting shot, just find the pudgy guy who missed out on hugs as a kid and take his gun. Yes, it is that simple.
    I also support the Second Amendment (along with all the rest of them). Carrying concealed gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling and when I'm in the crappy neighborhoods on the west side of Chicago, I have a stupid grin on my face.

How did you get your military signature setup? I've been to the site but no way to sign up. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    replied
    Originally posted by kot View Post
    How would a LEO like it if some stranger pointed a gun at him, took the bullets out of his gun and scattered them all over the ground? Not so much I think.
    You are truly are a special snowflake, aren't you? Bless your heart.

Leave a comment:

• eaker995
    replied
    How would a LEO like it if some stranger pointed a gun at him, took the bullets out of his gun and scattered them all over the ground?
    You know, now that I think about it, I'd be nervous. To have some strange person walk up with a gun, then unload it and throw the bullets all over the ground, I'd be thinking about a Psyc Hold about that time. Not normal but at least I wouldn't have to worry about the firearm. If you really wanted to have fun, cite them for littering.
    Last edited by eaker995; 10-16-2014, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eaker995
    replied
    How would a LEO like it if some stranger pointed a gun at him, took the bullets out of his gun and scattered them all over the ground?
    Well this would never work. He'd point his at me, I'd point mine at him, we'd start to compare who's caliber is bigger, then out come the rulers just to prove it. This type of scenario never ends well. They get embarrassed and I get investigated. It's not fair I tell you.
    Not so much I think.
    At least you admitted it. This is the first step toward recovery.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Shhhhhhhh! Don't give away our sekrits!

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    If someone tries to point a gun at a LEO....well, let's just end that right there...

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    There are several steps to determining if a crime has occurred.

If an officer has reasonable suspicion to believe a crime has been committed he may investigate, including detaining individuals he reasonably believes to be connected with the suspected crime. This is what happens when an officer pulls you over for DUI, for example, or arrives on scene at a reported burglary. During that time the officer MAY disarm armed individuals for his safety and their safety. He may even handcuff individuals he is detaining without actually placing them under arrest.

Can't speak for other states but Colorado law specifically allows a peace officer to temporarily disarm individuals during contacts.

I just think LEOs should leave law-abiding people who exercise open carry alone.
    Unless there is reason to suspect they are connected in some fashion with a crime, I agree. Open carry is legal in most of Colorado, and fairly common in some places.

I asked a question.
    No, you didn't. You made a statement. Putting a question mark at the end doesn't make it a question.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 10-14-2014, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    My God you're stupid!!

Leave a comment:

• kot
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
    It's really quite simple, and I should remind myself of this, "kot" is simply one more nut with an agenda. These clowns would have us all"come reason together" which is the biggest crock of crap in the past one hundred years. Their idea of "reasoning together" is total adherence to the particular brand of BS they're pushing.
    If you're interested, and I doubt it since you'd likely prefer to assign a viewpoint to me and rail at it instead, I just think LEOs should leave law-abiding people who exercise open carry alone. How would a LEO like it if some stranger pointed a gun at him, took the bullets out of his gun and scattered them all over the ground? Not so much I think. That's why I asked, to see if LEOs would condemn or support that kind of behavior.

Leave a comment:

• NYCDep
    replied
    If I ever decided to turn criminal, I would take a firearm from the first open-carry wing-nut that I saw. I wouldn't have to break into anyone's home or try to boost a gun store and risk getting shot, just find the pudgy guy who missed out on hugs as a kid and take his gun. Yes, it is that simple.
    That, unfortunately, is not an original idea.

http://www.kptv.com/story/26729956/m...d-by-armed-man

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    It's really quite simple, and I should remind myself of this, "kot" is simply one more nut with an agenda. These clowns would have us all"come reason together" which is the biggest crock of crap in the past one hundred years. Their idea of "reasoning together" is total adherence to the particular brand of BS they're pushing.

This is typical Liberal bull sh..t, and our pal kot but the latest example. Oh, now he'll claim that he's Libertarian. Believe that, and you're on good terms with Santa Claus, Alice in Wonderland, the Tooth Fairy, and Hillary Clinton.

They possess a particular brand of arrogance which is compounded by an abysmal ignorance, and the total ability to discount, distort, and demean the facts. Rather the same ability(s) many of their hero's (Hussein, Eric, Jessie, Al, Hillary et al) possess in spades.

With each succeeding post these weenies demonstrate quite convincingly what naive , potentially dangerous, mental midgets they actually are.

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    replied
    If I ever decided to turn criminal, I would take a firearm from the first open-carry wing-nut that I saw.
    THIS.

The first rule of carrying a weapon for protection is to keep it secure, and keep it where YOU know where it is. When I see someone open carrying, I see someone who doesn't understand the purpose of carrying. They just want to be ******s.

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
    They know that law enforcement may be dispatched regarding a person with a gun call and then get their panties in a wad when the officer/deputy does their job.
    Not only do they know this, they count on it and are prepared, with recorder in hand, to 'educate' us.
    I've heard people claim that open carry is a deterent to crime, in actuality it makes them a target. LE and security officers have been murdered for their pistols, what makes open carry folks think that a bad guy/gal in need of a firearm won't do the same to them.
    As stated earlier, I fully support a person's right to carry a firearm, I just believe there are smarter choices than open carry.
    I also support the Second Amendment (along with all the rest of them). Carrying concealed gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling and when I'm in the crappy neighborhoods on the west side of Chicago, I have a stupid grin on my face.

Last edited by slamdunc; 10-13-2014, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Country_Jim
    replied
    I am a firm believer in the right to carry a firearm. I don't believe permits should be required. That being said, in my opinion those who open carry (when they have other options) are attention seekers looking for their fifteen minutes of fame.

People who open carry endanger others by wasting public safety resources. They know that law enforcement may be dispatched regarding a person with a gun call and then get their panties in a wad when the officer/deputy does their job. I've heard people claim that open carry is a deterent to crime, in actuality it makes them a target. LE and security officers have been murdered for their pistols, what makes open carry folks think that a bad guy/gal in need of a firearm won't do the same to them.

As stated earlier, I fully support a person's right to carry a firearm, I just believe there are smarter choices than open carry.
    Last edited by Country_Jim; 10-13-2014, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4150 users online. 261 members and 3889 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X