Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open carry and being disarmed without crime?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open carry and being disarmed without crime?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-cvipwCcm8

I'm curious as to what LE thinks of this video. Looks like a civilian in an open carry state was detained, held at gunpoint, and had his time wasted against his will. It doesn't look like a crime was committed and it doesn't look like there was any reason to believe there was a crime committed. They let him go and give him back his gun, but not before unloading the magazines and scattering the rounds on the ground. Is this really legal? Thoughts on this?

I should not comment on this because any type of search on this subject will reveil tons of these videos but heck I am bored. First off, I did not know that open carry states looked any different than non open carry states. You are right in saying that it looks like no crime is being commited. But then take into account the camera is from the civilian just seconds before police contact. How do I know there was not a crime 15 minutes earlier down the street involving someone with a rifle and the police need to make contact to verify the ID of said person? I do not know what state or city laws are in effect here but I am inclided to say that the officers unloading the bullets onto the ground is just as legal as open carry in that area. It can be seen as a little unprofessional but the civilian did thank the officers so that should not be an issue.
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasmblack View Post
      I should not comment on this because any type of search on this subject will reveil tons of these videos but heck I am bored. First off, I did not know that open carry states looked any different than non open carry states. You are right in saying that it looks like no crime is being commited. But then take into account the camera is from the civilian just seconds before police contact. How do I know there was not a crime 15 minutes earlier down the street involving someone with a rifle and the police need to make contact to verify the ID of said person? I do not know what state or city laws are in effect here but I am inclided to say that the officers unloading the bullets onto the ground is just as legal as open carry in that area. It can be seen as a little unprofessional but the civilian did thank the officers so that should not be an issue.
      Do you think it's a form of police retaliation, as there appears to be no reason to scatter the ammo once the rifle is in police hands? That is, police don't like open carry so they waste the guy's time by scattering his ammo? Kind of like if a cop stopped a motorist, put the car on a jack, and removed 4 of the wheels before letting the detainee go? Sure the civilian is released and there is technically no damage done to his vehicle, but he will waste a lot of time putting those wheels back on.

Furthermore, is there anything a civilian can do (other than becoming a LEO or not open carrying) to avoid this? You're right, there are plenty of videos like this. But they tend to play out the same way, minus the scattering of rounds.

Comment

Too many unknows for any LEO to comment on this video in depth. I can think of a few reasons why I would want to take out all the ammo from the ammo magazines but will not list them here. However, retaliation is not one of them. As for what can be done by a person to avoid this in the future? I can not think of any. I am all for exercising rights but when you open carry you just need to expect (as wrong as it may be) to be reported to police, by someone who just doesn't understand, as a man with a gun. Cops usually have no further information than that and need to respond accordingly. With overseas and domestic terrorism on the rise and racial tensions are higher in the US than a few years ago, officers have to be careful on many levels that someone who is not an LEO will have a hard time to understand.
        What Is A Veteran?
        A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

While I don't know all the facts of this stop, and therefore can't comment on it, I think people need to stop open carrying just to prove a point. I am tired of seeing people carrying a pistol in a $5 nylon holster, with no retention, hanging off of their belt while they have no training on weapon retention. They are just asking for a problem.

Comment

Poster KOT is a cop block type of idiot who is on this forum only to cause controversy.

Please don't feed him anymore
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Have to note this. Hopefully, our friend Kot really isn't stupid enough to base his entire premise (s) on a video. No, Kot came with an agenda, one which is all too obvious, and one we've seen so many times in the past. How bout you disappearing there Troll?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                Poster KOT is a cop block type of idiot who is on this forum only to cause controversy.

Please don't feed him anymore
                Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                Have to note this. Hopefully, our friend Kot really isn't stupid enough to base his entire premise (s) on a video. No, Kot came with an agenda, one which is all too obvious, and one we've seen so many times in the past. How bout you disappearing there Troll?
                I'll ask whatever I want. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to click on my threads. You must feel compelled to reply for some other reason.

Comment

And we'll TELL YOU whatever we want. To wit: you're an idiot.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by kot View Post
                    I'll ask whatever I want. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to click on my threads. You must feel compelled to reply for some other reason.
                    I'll click on any *****ing thread I wish to -------------------------and then I will say any *****ing thing I want to say on that thread

If YOU don't like that ---------------leave
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                      I'll click on any *****ing thread I wish to -------------------------and then I will say any *****ing thing I want to say on that thread

If YOU don't like that ---------------leave
                      You say "Please don't feed him anymore" and then continue posting. That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                        I didn't watch the video. If there was no call to 9-1-1 reporting something that creates Reasonable Suspicion of a crime, then you can't force a Pedestrian Stop.

I work in an Open Carry state and we have had contact with a few here and there. I will often Mere Encounter them and ask them to talk. After the initial "Am I being detained?" and "I'm recording you" non-sense that neither impresses nor intimidates me, we have a polite discussion. I express my thoughts on why I think OC is unintelligent and they have a quality police encounter and we part ways as fast, life long friends.

Funny part to me is that the videos that they record of me never seem to make youtube. It's almost like they only put up videos that help their agenda instead of providing a true accounting of all of their interactions with police.
                        I find it rather pathetic how these *** clowns seem to think that you are just going to apologize and get back in your car and leave or change your response when they let you know that "you are being recorded."

Comment

Originally posted by kot View Post
                          You say "Please don't feed him anymore" and then continue posting. That's funny.
                          Its not the only funny thing here

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                            I didn't watch the video. If there was no call to 9-1-1 reporting something that creates Reasonable Suspicion of a crime, then you can't force a Pedestrian Stop.

I work in an Open Carry state and we have had contact with a few here and there. I will often Mere Encounter them and ask them to talk. After the initial "Am I being detained?" and "I'm recording you" non-sense that neither impresses nor intimidates me, we have a polite discussion. I express my thoughts on why I think OC is unintelligent and they have a quality police encounter and we part ways as fast, life long friends.

Funny part to me is that the videos that they record of me never seem to make youtube. It's almost like they only put up videos that help their agenda instead of providing a true accounting of all of their interactions with police.
                            Quick search for "open carry encounter" yielded this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZL4CzdGWNk

Looks like the cop did get a call, but somehow managed to handle the situation without pointing his gun at the OC guy and without disarming him or scattering his ammunition all over the ground. I guess it's one of those cops who have the mythical, superhuman ability to not shoot or threaten innocent people.

Comment

kot, lower case for a reason. Try this on idiot. YOU don't dictate who posts here,our they respond to posts........anybody's. We're pretty damned adept at spotting anti-cop trolls, short rounds, and general malcontents. It's spoiled. self indulgent *** holes like you who scream for the cops if someone looks at them cross eyed.

We owe you no respect here except that which you command as opposed to demand. Don't like here, take a *****ing hike. No one will give a damn.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5968 users online. 343 members and 5625 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X