X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Female Officers?

Hello,

I'll keep it short...

I am thinking about pursuing a career in law enforcement.

I'd love to connect with some female police officers particularly in California/SF Bay Area. I have had the hardest time finding any. Please feel free to PM me or share your experience here!

While I am not a female, I can say this. LE is a career that YOU have to want and desire to do. Most people that get into this career work very hard their whole life and stay dedicated to it.

While there are females on this board, it may be more helpful if you posted a little more on what your questions are. Very few, male or female, will go out of their way to "share their experience". Perhaps try contacting one of your local PD's/Sheriff's office to see if you can schedule a ride along with a female officer.

Comment

There are several female LEO's on the forum and will probably find this post at some point.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

We have some absolutely fantastic female officers on these forums. Hopefully, one of them can give you some insights.

Comment

I am not from the Bay Area, and certainly would not claim to fit into PhilipCal's absolutely fantastic category (though most of my sisters here do) I am female.
          In God We Trust
          Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

I am not from the Bay Area, and certainly would not claim to fit into PhilipCal's absolutely fantastic category (though most of my sisters here do) I am female.

LE is a tough field to get into regardless of gender.One piece of advice I would give is to review the advice given by my colleagues in the hiring and recruitment subforum. That info applies to both sexes. Dont expect lesser standards because you are a female. In this job you can either cut it or you cannot. A POS does not care if stand up to pee or not. Even if you join an agency that relaxes standards, hold yourself accountable for surpassing the highest standards. Lives depend on it.
            In God We Trust

Comment

What do you want to know?
              Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Or the same PT test, depending on where you are.
                "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

I don't believe in separate PT tests.

Comment

We wear a Sally Brown belt (as opposed to a Sam Brown) and our vests have bumps on the chest for our boobies. (Small bumps, one size fits all.)

Other than that, all things are (or should be) equal.

Comment

Well I guess our input is not that important.
                      In God We Trust

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                        Well I guess our input is not that important.
                        I was thinking the same

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                          Good to know, it's not like that in these parts even though the job is the job no matter who you are. PSP is actually getting sued because not enough females pass their PT test even though it is already scaled back for females. Brutal.

You learn something new everyday... carry on.
                          Iowa has a double standard on the PT testing required to ENTER/Pass the academy--They also have a age based standard

By experience, I have found most of the females STRIVE to pass the test at the MALE standard.....
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I am not from SF, but I will pretend to be a female if you like....

How can I help you?
                            September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

In WA there is one PAT for the entire state except for WSP who do their own thing. There are no differences in standards for age or gender. I was glad to be held to the same standards. WSP do have different standards for age and gender and also have height and weight requirements.
                              "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3219 users online. 146 members and 3073 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X