Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to choose one less lethal weapon which one?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PR-24

Hands Down. For reasons already mentioned. If you pull it out and shake it around a little, usually you won't even need to use it.

If I ever go to a new department and am not allowed to carry mine I will be a sad man.

Comment

I carry a taser with two cartridges, OC spray and a 21" ASP expandable baton. I've carried the taser for the last few years, but I've never had to tase anyone. I've taken the cartridge out and shown potential tasees a lightning show, though.

I've sprayed many people, but it has been a long time. Our Capstun worked beautifully, but our newer water based crud isn't nearly as effective.

I've never had to use my ASP to strike anyone, but I have threatened to use it where the bad guys have backed down before I had to start whackin'.

If I had to choose only one, I'd choose the PR-24 I carried in my early years. But, if I had to choose from the above, it would be the ASP baton. It also helps me to push sallyport buttons when they are too far to reach. Oh, I have whacked dogs with it...just not people.

Comment

Originally posted by ftttu View Post

If I had to choose only one, I'd choose the PR-24 I carried in my early years. .
        I carried one of those once................... I preferred the straight stick personally.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Me. Oh wait, you said LESS lethal.
          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            I carried one of those once................... I preferred the straight stick personally.
            I know those were popular, but since I came on in '91, I never saw them. The only straight sticks our agency has are riot batons. I would like to see everyone issued riot gear so we can have ready access to it. Our gear sits in a locked storage shed, and it is unknown if it is serviceable. If it was issued where we had to carry it, I'd get some good use out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ftttu View Post
              I know those were popular, but since I came on in '91, I never saw them. The only straight sticks our agency has are riot batons. I would like to see everyone issued riot gear so we can have ready access to it. Our gear sits in a locked storage shed, and it is unknown if it is serviceable. If it was issued where we had to carry it, I'd get some good use out of it.
              The riot baton is 36" or so......................the straight stick I was referring to is roughly 26" or so.

The PR-24 is-----------------------unique. A well trained officer with practice can be a one man whirlwind. I was trained by the inventor-------he was a Reserve Deputy in my agency. I didn't like the tool because you had to practice so much with it to remain effective.

I have never trained in the ASP...............my old agency didn't use them and I just don't want to bother with my new agency.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Blasters set to stun.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                  Funny I thought my marriage would be like that too. I learned better.
                  I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Definitely a taser, more accurate and less messy than o.c. even if i were hit by chance its 5 secs vs. 1 hour of misery, then a second dose of misery in the shower that night.
                    sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

A stick.
                      Any stick/baton/ big flashlight/ tree limb.

OC? Too many chances for lack of effectiveness (or sometimes self-application). Worst fight I was ever in was a scrote who was barely effected by OC.
                      AND he was naked.
                      The stuff of nightmares.....
                      SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                        A stick.
                        Any stick/baton/ big flashlight/ tree limb.

The stuff of nightmares.....
                        +1 Love the Big Flash Light. Makes the baddest a-- settle down
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                          +1 Love the Big Flash Light. Makes the baddest a-- settle down
                          When the Streamlite SL20 came out in the early 1980's it was a BIG improvement ........Aircraft grade machined aluminum with a "shockproof" head.

Batter UP!

Comment

OC is effective, however as wutzcrack3n stated ITS MESSY. With a taser you don't have to worry about contaminating multiple people.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              When the Streamlite SL20 came out in the early 1980's it was a BIG improvement ........Aircraft grade machined aluminum with a "shockproof" head.

Batter UP!
                              Not saying that is why I still love carrying my mag light at night, but it is very useful for a number of reasons.

Originally posted by DEP_134 View Post
                              OC is effective, however as wutzcrack3n stated ITS MESSY. With a taser you don't have to worry about contaminating multiple people.
                              My issue with Tasers is that as it gets colder out, people pile on layers. The more layers people get, the less effective they can be. Pepper sucks year round.

In reality, this is why we have multiple options.....this thread is really kind of dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post

My issue with Tasers is that as it gets colder out, people pile on layers. The more layers people get, the less effective they can be. Pepper sucks year round.
                                Taser International has an app for that

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4191 users online. 294 members and 3897 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X