Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to choose one less lethal weapon which one?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to choose one less lethal weapon which one?

So I am a curious citizen. I am wondering if your guys could only carry one piece of less lethal equipment on your belt along with your gun and other items what would it be? Taser? Baton (expandable, straight stick, or pr24)? or OC spray? Also why would you pick that item? Thanks

Originally posted by jaime_lion View Post
    So I am a curious citizen. I am wondering if your guys could only carry one piece of less lethal equipment on your belt along with your gun and other items what would it be? Taser? Baton (expandable, straight stick, or pr24)? or OC spray? Also why would you pick that item? Thanks

Comment

Taser. Baton would be second. OC a distant third.

Taser works instantly when it works, it can be reactivated, and it can be used from a distance. It's photogenic, it doesn't result in injuries to either party, and the "crackle" noise gets folks attention real quick.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I was tempted to say that I would choose my partner after he ate Mexican food for lunch but you did say less lethal.

If I only had one option it would be a PR-24. It is a multi-use tool that is not impacted by the prevailing conditions, does not need a second cartridge to be used again, and lets face it a club is intimidating. I would prefer a sap, but those days are gone for good, so I will take the next best thing.
        In God We Trust
        Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Baton. No batteries needed.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

hmm......taser, OC, baton. In that order.

Comment

Bazooka with camouflage.
              Retired

Comment

Because of my assignment, I only carry one.
                A Taser with 2 cartridges.

I have been OC'ed so many times I am just not interested in using it again on anyone----I also work a court room and really don't want to decontaminate a judge after he/she got oversprayed

I just don't want to get re-certified on a baton anymore.

If I can't handle the situation with my mouth, a Taser or assistance I will get when I call for help--------I guess the gun comes next
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Dog, then Taser.

Comment

Baton hands down. OC and Taser are ineffective against zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                      No batteries needed.
                      Funny I thought my marriage would be like that too. I learned better.
                      In God We Trust
                      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                        Funny I thought my marriage would be like that too. I learned better.
                        That right there is funny.

Comment

Yawara stick, Lignum vitae billy, sap gloves and a spring loaded blackjack
                          Last edited by sanitizer; 10-05-2014, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I'd have a collapsible baton with a sleeve on it that holds donuts.
                            The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Command presence. Along with some lightning fast verbal judo.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5729 users online. 351 members and 5378 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X