300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police officers for Murfreesboro, TN

Hello everyone, this post is primarily for police officers that work in Murfreesboro, TN area. With that said, other officers who come across this can respond, if they please.
    Well, I am currently at 25 year old male that has lived in Murfreesboro since 1996. It's always been an aspiration of mine to become a law enforcement officer, especially here in Murfreesboro. I have applied 5 times with Murfreesboro and numerous times in other areas close to Murfreesboro with no prevailing luck. I'm becoming discouraged and anxious. With that said the second time I applied with MPD I made it down to the final 9 applicants during that hiring stage but didn't get it because of school I think. Also, I have a bachelor's of science degree from MTSU in Physical Education that I graduated with in December 2013. My record is spotless. I have never had any run ins with the law ever. So with all of that said, to my MPD officers what are some things I can do to improve my chances to be hired and what can I do to increase my chances of being hired once I passed the panel board, hypothetically speaking if I did receive a phone call for an interview. Also, I'm always open to other comments and suggestions from any other officers that see this post.
    Please help me out!

-discouraged...

First this would probably get more replies from the agency your seeking if it was in TN's board, rather than this one. But yea its tough getting into LE now a days. If you really want it you just have to keep applying to agencies until someone takes a chance on you. Something that I know appeals to any agency is knowing another language like Spanish, if you have free time I suggest you start learning it. I think the last time I heard it takes the average police applicant 3-5 years to get hired now a days. Just keep applying everywhere and along the way make sure that your ready for every interview and always be truthful and you'll be ok. To sum all that up if you really want this job keep applying no matter how many times you've been rejected.

Comment

As an additional thought. As an entry level aspirant, you might consider applying to agencies other than MPD. These departments may not have all that MPD has to offer, but they could offer you that all important entry into the field. Consider this as an option. Good luck whatever you decide.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4141 users online. 263 members and 3878 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X